By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New inFAMOUS: Second Son screens! And new gameplay footage!

Shinobi-san said:
Hmmm i dunno the gameplay looks pretty much exactly the same as the old infamous games...

Which is not a bad thing but you would have hoped they would have gone for something more different.

Game looks fantastic though...just hope they change up the gameplay. Maybe the levels we;ve seen so far is the beginning of the game?

if by "exactly the same" you mean it's still a third person action game....

...otherwise i can't agree.  being able to swap powers out (smoke, neon, and whatever other powers SP doesn't want to spoil) alone is a huge advancement in the gameplay.  they way delsin can fun up walls and basically fly is huugely different.  the game plays so much faster and more fluid compared to the other games and i think it is fantastic.  the inclusion of destructable environements too!   soo many improvements!

Around the Network
Krill said:
kitler53 said:

listen, if you want to have a conversation about this you need to provide an exact time in the video it happens cause in a 5+min video a comment of "it happens" won't get you far...     i didn't see what you're complaining about.  

Ok, about 1.35 in the video

got it.  i think the first time i saw it i thought that was an overhead light but delsin blows out the car and the lights go out so your right.

meh to me but i see it now.

kitler53 said:
Shinobi-san said:
Hmmm i dunno the gameplay looks pretty much exactly the same as the old infamous games...

Which is not a bad thing but you would have hoped they would have gone for something more different.

Game looks fantastic though...just hope they change up the gameplay. Maybe the levels we;ve seen so far is the beginning of the game?

...otherwise i can't agree.  being able to swap powers out (smoke, neon, and whatever other powers SP doesn't want to spoil) alone is a huge advancement in the gameplay.  they way delsin can fun up walls and basically fly is huugely different.  the game plays so much faster and more fluid compared to the other games and i think it is fantastic.  the inclusion of destructable environements too!   soo many improvements!

Gonna need to play it to judge i guess

I just feel like on the videos i have seen theres waaay to much basic hand shooting...i never liked that about the infamous games. But then again it is his basic attack...

I dunno gonna have to wait and see. Still pumped though!

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

dat detail

Shinobi-san said:
kitler53 said:
Shinobi-san said:

Gonna need to play it to judge i guess

I just feel like on the videos i have seen theres waaay to much basic hand shooting...i never liked that about the infamous games. But then again it is his basic attack...

I dunno gonna have to wait and see. Still pumped though!

yeah probably.   the previews are being played by noobs remember in early areas of the game so i'm sure there is more variety with later portions of the game and players more experienced with the controls. 

according to the previews i've read neon as a much more range attack approach and smoke is more of a melee focus.   just seeing people note that they play differently is promising to me that powers aren't just a cosmetic change but a gameplay change.  knowing we haven't seen all the powers i think we'll get a good variety of ways to play.

Around the Network
pezus said:

So neon, much neon

The lighting and particle effects are just amazing! That footage did literally make my jaw drop

I can't wait to see what other powers are out there

Diamon diamond shining, ooh boy this game looks so fun! It's so sick I think I caught a flu! This game is Drop Dead Beautiful!

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

pezus said:

So neon, much neon

havent seen this yet o_O Looks amazing!

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

There's a new official video out : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3Qq6b19xO4