By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Around 60% of PS4 Owners Also Have a PS Vita

Not really that surprising. Early adopters tend to buy the most hardware overall.

I have a Wii U, 3DS, Vita, and PS4 along with a PS3, 360, PSP, several DS models, and Wii from the previous gen too.

Around the Network

1-3DS=60 milion

2-Wii U=14 milion

3-PSVita=12 milion

4-PS4=12 milion

5-XO=8 milion

kupomogli said:

No proof on it, just what I think.  They throw out there that only 250,000 tried remote play but 3,060,000 have the PS4 + Vita.  You really think there are that few people who are going to atleast attempt using remote play?

Also over two million Vitas were sold in Japan, so that means that there two million Vita owners outside of Japan who don't own a PS3 in comparison to three million who do.  I just don't buy it.

Also, if 48% of the Vita sales were digital, don't you think Sony would be trying their hardest to get more content to the Vita?  I think that 48% is them adding all the digital sales for games playable on Vita prior to the Vita even releasing.  So everything PSP, all the future cross buy titles later added to the Vita, etc.  Who knows if they don't also add the free PS+ titles into Vita sales.   

Just seems like they're padding numbers.

Hasn't the Vita had an inexplicable large number of 3rd party releases announced for the West so far this year? Someone other than me must also be buying these games!

Digital sales will be downloads activated on Vita, inc PS1/PSP as you say. They won't include PS+ though as these aren't "sales". However it still means a LOT of software being downloaded.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
kupomogli said:

No proof on it, just what I think.  They throw out there that only 250,000 tried remote play but 3,060,000 have the PS4 + Vita.  You really think there are that few people who are going to atleast attempt using remote play?

Also over two million Vitas were sold in Japan, so that means that there two million Vita owners outside of Japan who don't own a PS3 in comparison to three million who do.  I just don't buy it.

Also, if 48% of the Vita sales were digital, don't you think Sony would be trying their hardest to get more content to the Vita?  I think that 48% is them adding all the digital sales for games playable on Vita prior to the Vita even releasing.  So everything PSP, all the future cross buy titles later added to the Vita, etc.  Who knows if they don't also add the free PS+ titles into Vita sales.   

Just seems like they're padding numbers.

Hasn't the Vita had an inexplicable large number of 3rd party releases announced for the West so far this year? Someone other than me must also be buying these games!

Digital sales will be downloads activated on Vita, inc PS1/PSP as you say. They won't include PS+ though as these aren't "sales". However it still means a LOT of software being downloaded.

The Vita has a high concentration of niche game players, so it's logical for devs to release low budget niche and indie games on the system.

They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

But Vita physical sales low, however 48% digital would mean actual sales are double. So this would also help explain why devs are putting content on it.

Definitely a home for traditional gamers anyway :)

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

That stat is somewhat worrying

MikeRox said:
But Vita physical sales low, however 48% digital would mean actual sales are double. So this would also help explain why devs are putting content on it.

Definitely a home for traditional gamers anyway :)

Vita game sales are still tiny even if you did double them.  The 'traditional gamer' is a pretty minor market.  You'll notice that most games coming out on Vita are the kind that don't have to sell many copies to be profitable (indie, niche, ports of old games).

They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

PS4 confirmed doomed once vita penetration reaches 100%

Edit: or hits Vita LTD which ever happends first.  (PS4 is on the clock with the Japan release and 2 million to go)

Hmm, to me this just means that Vita owners are diehard Sony fans that bought the console day one. That 60% statistic is going to drop like a rock.

Take the latest weekly vgchartz figures

USA+EU PS4 = 170,000

USA+EU Vita = 15,000

Thats 9%...