By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U owners, how many 3rd party games have you bought?

How many 3rd party Wii U games have you bought?

1-2 131 47.46%

3-4 51 18.48%

5-6 18 6.52%

7-8 14 5.07%

9-10 18 6.52%

More than 10 44 15.94%

Total:276

Retail: MH3U, Rayman Legends,Rabbid Land, ZombiU, Tank!Tank!Tank!, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Darksiders II, Resident Evil: Revelations, Splinter Cell Blacklist, Sonic All Stars Racing, Lego Marvel Super Heroes and Batman: Arkham City. Got AC3 and Yourshape digital.
eShop-games: Trine II, Little Inferno, Unepic, Cloudberry Kingdom, Giana Sisters, Nano Assault Neo, Zen Pinball, Castle Storm, Star Wars Pinball, Toki Tori I+II,TNT Racers, Dungeons and Dragons, Runner 2, The Cave.
I also have Lego City and W101, but don't count them 3rd-party.
Is that enough? Do I qualify as being allowed to complain?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Baddman said:

edit: wtf how you guys got all that money to buy those games?

I bought many of them at bomba prices of 10-15 Euros. Even newer games like Arkham Origins, Rayman Legends, Splinter Cell or Deus Ex are available for around 15 Euros in Europe.

Mystro-Sama said:
lloydeness said:
Mass Effect 3
Monster Hunter
Need for speed : Most wanted
lego City
Just dance 2014
Ninja Gaiden 3
Sonic all star racing
wonderful 101
Assassins creed 3 and 4
Zombie U
Scribblenauts unlimited
Deus Ex : Human Revolution
Splinter Cell

And some other Indies.

If only all Wii U owners were like you.

If only 25% of the Wii U owners were like him, all the 3rd party games would have sold a million units... we can only dream.

Someone first explain me what the definition of 'Third Party' is, because I would not consider The Wonderful 101 and Lego City Undercover as third party as they are developed by order of Nintendo. I wouldn't even count ZombiU amongst them.

tekken tag 2 , sonic lost world, rush, toki tori 1 & 2, giana sisters, mighty switch force 1 & 2, injustice, mutant mudds deluxe.

Around the Network
game_on said:
Someone first explain me what the definition of 'Third Party' is, because I would not consider The Wonderful 101 and Lego City Undercover as third party as they are developed by order of Nintendo. I wouldn't even count ZombiU amongst them.

Third party games, are those PUBLISHED by a company different than the console manufacturer (in this case Nintendo), TW101 and Lego City Undercover are not third party games even thought they were developed by third party studios, the reason why this is important is that those developers already got the money paid in full for the project assigned and if the games sells more or less copy the benefits will go only to the publisher, so the number that is important for the discussion is third party published games.

Zombi U, Monster Hunter, Assasins Creed, Need for Speed (but sold), Wonderful 101 (is this third party?), from eshop: Mighty Switch Force 1 and 2, Trine 2, Fitness Evolve (this is't eshop only), Ruddle (crap game), Nano Assault Neo, Little Inferno, The Cave, Edge.

So 14 games.

Looking over the lists here, Nano Assault Neo seems to have done quite well out of VGChartz users.
Perhaps we're the reason Shin'en say it was such a success for them... XD

flagstaad said:
game_on said:

Third party games, are those PUBLISHED by a company different than the console manufacturer (in this case Nintendo), TW101 and Lego City Undercover are not third party games even thought they were developed by third party studios, the reason why this is important is that those developers already got the money paid in full for the project assigned and if the games sells more or less copy the benefits will go only to the publisher, so the number that is important for the discussion is third party published games.

Ok, thanks.

My list:

Third party (12)
ZombiU (published by Ubisoft, I thought it was Nintendo)
Epic Mickey 2
Ass. Creed III
Rayman Legends
The Cave
Little Inferno
Tank!Tank!Tank!
Trine 2
Puddle
Nano Assault Neo
Bit.Trip: Runner 2
Castle Storm

Not Third Party (5):
NSMBU
Pikmin 3
The Wonderful 101
Lego City 
Nintendoland

So approximately 70% of my games is third party.

game_on said:

So approximately 70% of my games is third party.

That is a great split 70-30, I would be really happy if the average reaches at least 50-50, but as you can see from the responses the reality should be around 30% third party and 70% first party, and we are not the normal gamer, we purchase way more games than the average people, those maybe buy only Nintendo Games, that is why the console is struggling to get more third party support.