By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft explains why it delayed Watch Dogs on Wii U

WiiU Version delayed ...

July 67 14.32%

August 29 6.20%

September 44 9.40%

October 17 3.63%

November 24 5.13%

December 6 1.28%

2015 21 4.49%

2016 10 2.14%

2090 249 53.21%

Total:467

Cancel the damn thing already, wii U as enough awesome games for this year

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

It's a conspiracy.

Mr Khan said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Wouldn't be surprised if this was cancelled like aliens game before..

they are basically saying it's a waste of resources to focus on a wiiu version..and they are right

funny..seeing it was you I had the same reaction :) 

We have seen the numbers...Ubi isn't a charity. I agree with their sentiment. WD is potentially a major franchise for them going forward and they are prioratizing the quality of the versions that will sell well. And they are right. 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

I guess I can't really blame them, although that explanation sounds as if they will wait and see if it actually sells well on the other platforms to get the money for the port, so bad sales on the other platforms could mean no wii u version at all

M.U.G.E.N said:
Mr Khan said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Wouldn't be surprised if this was cancelled like aliens game before..

they are basically saying it's a waste of resources to focus on a wiiu version..and they are right

funny..seeing it was you I had the same reaction :) 

We have seen the numbers...Ubi isn't a charity. I agree with their sentiment. WD is potentially a major franchise for them going forward and they are prioratizing the quality of the versions that will sell well. And they are right. 

The numbers suggest they've at least been turning a profit on their Wii U based activities, barring clear bombs like Rabbids Land that were set out to die. They might not be making much, but the money is definitely there when the environment is so easy to port to. "They are right" is basically trolling, though i'm going to let someone else pick through the mess that's already starting to brew here.

That aside, it still makes little sense. The Wii U version was supposedly assigned to Ubisoft Bucharest, I think they were doing the PS3/360 version as well, unless there's some major crisis going on with the development of the 4-One (and maybe PC?) versions, i really fail to see why the Wii U version needs to get pushed back, unless said crisis is forcing them to divert personnel from Bucharest to whichever studio is sorting the higher-end version.

Something is off, and it's a shame that the usual suspects just want to run through and propagate their Wii U FUD.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

So long as I can still buy it. I thought it looked like a good game and if this means it will be further polished without the issues likely present day one for other systems, then its all good news. Plus I can read plenty of reviews first too.

I don't blame them for not caring about the Wii U version. But if they are going to release it, I would just delay the whole game a few weeks or months to finish up that version. It's not like they are missing a Christmas window or something. Maybe just do exactly that, delay all versions till Christmas. If you want to find an audience on Wii U, you can't keep gimping/delaying products. And I think this game could (would have) actually done have decent on the platform.

I don't see how this game was going to do well on the Wii U when established franchises like Assassin's Creed, Rayman, and Call of Duty sell like crap on the system.

This thread will probably get more page views than actual Wii U owners who'd be willing to put down $59.99 for this game even if it launched day and date with the other versions.

It would be kinda funny if the Wii U version turned out to be the best version, with innovative gamepad implementation. Maybe they had to take resources off the Wii U version to help get the PS360 versions ready, to take advantage of the huge install base, especially if those leaked screenshots were anything to go by.

Soundwave said:
I don't see how this game was going to do well on the Wii U when established franchises like Assassin's Creed, Rayman, and Call of Duty sell like crap on the system.

This thread will probably get more page views than actual Wii U owners who'd be willing to put down $59.99 for this game even if it launched day and date with the other versions.

Rayman sold better on Wii U... just sayin' and the other games sold as expected based on their market and console userbase.

No one is saying it will sell the same as other platforms, but it will be profitable.

All Ubi did was redirect resources so they coudl spend less time on the other platforms fixing the primary issues. Once that is done a small team can implement the then known changes to WiiU code quicker and overall a lot less costly. Thus allowing other consoles to be the bread and butter, while WiiU remains profitable.