By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SSBB to get Mid-night Launch Treatment

THeres a Midnight launch At my GAmestop too, I'll try to go there if things go as planned

Around the Network

My GameStop said they had over 600 pre-orders when I was there last week. I think that's a bit high, but it is the main GameStop in the middle of the New Orleans area, so I guess it could be right.

I've had mine pre-ordered since July, and I'll definitely be there at midnight.

ClaudeLv250 said:
superchunk said:
akuma587 said:
superchunk said:
I just might have to buy my first SSB game...

Dude, how can you support Nintendo and NOT love these games? I haven't owned a Nintendo console since the 64 generation but still love them, including what I have played of the new one (thanks hacker roomie!).

I sold my N64 before SSB released. I bought a GC late in its life and never even tried SSBM. I really have not ever played SSB game. I have been toying with the idea of buying SSBB, however, only if I had friends that may buy it. Now, I have comfiremed a few that are, already pre-ordered, and all of the details of the game look pretty good.

I am not buying gc controllers so I was also waiting on word of using the Classic or wiimote+nunchuk. From what I have read the classic isn't that much different than the gc controller, so, I am pretty sure I will get the game.

We'll know for sure on March 9th.

You are trash and I am removing you from my Wii friends list immediately.

lol....hahahaha. Man, that's just mean. :(

Play N Trade is also doing midnight release.

I hope mine has a midnight launch.

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
My GameStop said they had over 600 pre-orders when I was there last week. I think that's a bit high, but it is the main GameStop in the middle of the New Orleans area, so I guess it could be right.

I've had mine pre-ordered since July, and I'll definitely be there at midnight.

The New Orleans area still has a GameStop? lol j/k

I probably will do the midnight launch. Oh, and btw, yeah the Halo 3 promotions were annoying, but I LOVED the Mountain Dew flavored drink. SO good.

I might be somewhat interested if this happened in my town, but the local GameStop charges 10-20€ more for new games than the independent local store across the street, which also has a nice habit of breaking release dates by 2 or 3 days.

i pre-ordered mine at ebgames. unfortunately this ebgames is at a mall and it is "mall policy", cough *gay* cough, that they are not allowed to keep the mall open after midnight due to possilbe theft so i will just have to just wait until 5:00 that same day. an extra 17 hours is unfair. i am going to wait in line that day for the entire day so i will be first to get it at that store.

the nintendo wii will outsell the ps3 and the 360 combined by the end of 2008.                           

PS3 will out sell the 360 june 2010.                                                                      

GOTY of 2008 is super smash brothers brawl.... hopefully.

END OF 08 PREDICTIONS:

Wii: 45 million         xbox360: 26 million       PS3: 19 million (made beginning of 08)

wii: 44 million         xbox 360: 24 million      PS3: 21 million (made june 08)

wii code: 8094-5344-2140-1400

brawl code: 5412-9565-3232   

the difference is that the SSBB hype is mostly self generated(besides the Dojo site, and even that can be considered self generated) Halo was planned hype by a massive marketing campaign. I am sure Halo would have been major hyped with the ridulous marketing campaign, but not half of what it was.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut