By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SSBB to get Mid-night Launch Treatment

I was told at Gamestop(about 2 weeks ago when they only had 100 pre-orders) they are going to do a mid-night launch(as of yesterday the average amount of preorders  of my 3 gamestops was 145 with a Stand dev of around 12)

Also it looks like a Major non-gaming only retailer is getting in on it-

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=abcat0706000&type=category

it is on a banner on the top.

Stores like walmart are open 24hours most of the time, so nothing should change there. It will be interesting to see what other gaming outlets get in on the midnight launch. Mid-night launches will just add to the hype of SSBB, also, I believe it is safe to assume the casuals aren't the ones getting it at midnight but the publicity may make them realize they need the game too... and if they catch on... oh, boy we could be looking at some nice legs.

ty- to the mod who deleted the other that I screwed up the Subject line

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

I just might have to buy my first SSB game...

superchunk said:

Dude, how can you support Nintendo and NOT love these games?  I haven't owned a Nintendo console since the 64 generation but still love them, including what I have played of the new one (thanks hacker roomie!).

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

GameStop told me about the midnight launch when I preordered Saturday. They made it sound liek they weren't entirely sure if it would happen or not though.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

yeah, my gamestop is doing the same. I will totally be there at midnight.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network
akuma587 said:
superchunk said:

Dude, how can you support Nintendo and NOT love these games? I haven't owned a Nintendo console since the 64 generation but still love them, including what I have played of the new one (thanks hacker roomie!).

I sold my N64 before SSB released. I bought a GC late in its life and never even tried SSBM. I really have not ever played SSB game. I have been toying with the idea of buying SSBB, however, only if I had friends that may buy it. Now, I have comfiremed a few that are, already pre-ordered, and all of the details of the game look pretty good.

I am not buying gc controllers so I was also waiting on word of using the Classic or wiimote+nunchuk. From what I have read the classic isn't that much different than the gc controller, so, I am pretty sure I will get the game.

We'll know for sure on March 9th.

What a surprise....

SSBB is aruably the most hyped game for this generation...

I'm not gonna get it at mid night though...

I'll just wait the next day...

SSBB The most hyped game this gen? Are you serious? Uh I think Halo 3 and their flavored soda, happy meal pack-ins, and glow-in the dark nuclear green boxers would like to have a word with you.

*winks*

www.talkxbox.com - It is what it is!

superchunk said:
akuma587 said:
superchunk said:

Dude, how can you support Nintendo and NOT love these games? I haven't owned a Nintendo console since the 64 generation but still love them, including what I have played of the new one (thanks hacker roomie!).

I sold my N64 before SSB released. I bought a GC late in its life and never even tried SSBM. I really have not ever played SSB game. I have been toying with the idea of buying SSBB, however, only if I had friends that may buy it. Now, I have comfiremed a few that are, already pre-ordered, and all of the details of the game look pretty good.

I am not buying gc controllers so I was also waiting on word of using the Classic or wiimote+nunchuk. From what I have read the classic isn't that much different than the gc controller, so, I am pretty sure I will get the game.

We'll know for sure on March 9th.

You are trash and I am removing you from my Wii friends list immediately.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

I'l be at my gamestop at midnight for sure. This seems only outdone by the Halo hype (Which I should remind you was WAY too overdone).

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!