By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Sochi Olympics: Anyone watching? Has your country met your expectations this year?

Which country will have the most Bronze medals?

Other -Post below 40 21.39%

United States 61 32.62%

Russia 24 12.83%

Norway 12 6.42%

Canada 9 4.81%

Japan 5 2.67%

Germany 5 2.67%

See Results 14 7.49%

United Kingdom 3 1.60%

Poland 3 1.60%

Total:176
Kane1389 said:
mai said:

And the bobsleigh gold goes to 1st lieutenant Alexander Zubkob and Co.

Practically final medal table, one more gold will go either to Canada or Sweden.

Germany is pronounced Germania in russian?

Yes, with "G" like in "good".

Around the Network
Kane1389 said:
curl-6 said:
Kane1389 said:
curl-6 said:
kirby007 said:
@those boycotting, bit hypocritical ....
dont hear you complaining about brazil or the african wars
gay rights> poor people and starving, bravo!

Maybe because the current Olympics aren't in Africa or Brazil.

So I assume you havent watched any sport event happening anywhere other than in a 1st world country?

Also, who made your Nike shoes?

I don't watch any sports, I consider them disgustingly boring.

Then why did you post in this thread?

To answer kirby's question.

mai said:
Kane1389 said:
mai said:

And the bobsleigh gold goes to 1st lieutenant Alexander Zubkob and Co.

Practically final medal table, one more gold will go either to Canada or Sweden.

Germany is pronounced Germania in russian?

Yes, with "G" like in "good".

Then if I'm not mistaken, mine's pronounced Hollandia in that table. Funny that it's different (and actually wrong) there, during the events and the medal ceremonies themselves the announcers always said it right; calling it something similar to German's Niederlande, so the real name (even though that's technically still wrong, it's complicated I know ) is known in Russia.

Anyway, 5th place overall, very good !

S.Peelman said:

Then if I'm not mistaken, mine's pronounced Hollandia in that table. Funny that it's different (and technically wrong) there, during the events and the medal ceremonies themselves the announcers always said it right; calling it something similar to German's Niederlande, so the real name (even though that's actually still wrong, it's complicated I know ) is known in Russia.

Anyway, 5th place overall, very good !

Better transliterated word would be "Gollandia", so you won't have a temptation to use frictative "kh" instead of occlusive "g". The proper name is "Королевство Нидерланды" (Kingdom of the Netherlands), of course, but "Голландия" (Holland) is widely used in every day speech, technically incorrect but nobody cares.

pezus said:
spurgeonryan said:
pezus said:
No, I'm boycotting them

why? Russia is not as cold as Iceland?

Due to their government violating human rights

Not going to give them any of my attention

I agree, I have not watched it at all. I don't support Russia's Actions in the slightest.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Kane1389 said:
curl-6 said:
Kane1389 said:
curl-6 said:
kirby007 said:
@those boycotting, bit hypocritical ....
dont hear you complaining about brazil or the african wars
gay rights> poor people and starving, bravo!

Maybe because the current Olympics aren't in Africa or Brazil.

So I assume you havent watched any sport event happening anywhere other than in a 1st world country?

Also, who made your Nike shoes?

I don't watch any sports, I consider them disgustingly boring.

Then why did you post in this thread?

To answer kirby's question.

You first post was quoting pezus and he didnt ask anything, so again, why did you come here if you're not interested in sports?

Sweet victory. Final gold! Men's Hockey. 

I must say, looking back at the first week of the Olympics, I didn't expect Russia to go so far, and Finland dominating us in hockey didn't help either (granted, their team was awesome).

But I am really, really impressed. Так держать!

So glad that Canada won, and now Sweden might be disqualified because one of their players have been accused of using illegal substances. Karma is a bitch Sweden

:D