By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Sochi Olympics: Anyone watching? Has your country met your expectations this year?

Which country will have the most Bronze medals?

Other -Post below 40 21.39%

United States 61 32.62%

Russia 24 12.83%

Norway 12 6.42%

Canada 9 4.81%

Japan 5 2.67%

Germany 5 2.67%

See Results 14 7.49%

United Kingdom 3 1.60%

Poland 3 1.60%

Total:176
NintendoPie said:

That was quite funny.

OT: It's sad that some people didn't watch the guys and instead boycotted them. These games were quite good, from what I can remember Vancouver was kind of boring... although pretty!

I personally thought the Vancouver one was more interesting, although this one was good. I might be biased however since I live near Vancouver.

Around the Network
TheGoldenBoy said:

I personally thought the Vancouver one was more interesting, although this one was good. I might be biased however since I live near Vancouver.

I just can't seem to remember the Opening Ceremony all that much, while the Beijing and Sochi Opening Ceremonies were quite spectacles. Especially Beijing's.

The Vancouver setting was absolutely beautiful, however. It was also the last one with Apolo Ohno... and now our Speed Skating team officialy sucks butt.

NintendoPie said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

I just can't seem to remember the Opening Ceremony all that much, while the Beijing and Sochi Opening Ceremonies were quite spectacles. Especially Beijing's.

The Vancouver setting was absolutely beautiful, however. It was also the last one with Apolo Ohno... and now our Speed Skating team officialy sucks butt.

You're right about Beijing—the opening cermony was amazing. The games themselves were also great and a lot of great records were set.

And don't forget the Lillehammer('94?), amazing!

And speaking of Norway, it's quite amazing how dominant they are in the winter Olympics, with a population of just 4 million inhabitants. Also the Netherlands with just 16 million, awesome performance. Those two small countries combined and you have total dominance with medals. They would have 50 medals and 19 gold, as of today.

They really got to love sports over there! :D

But on another note I hope Russia wins most medals and most gold, since it's their home Olympics. It means a lot and would be a great victory and celebration. :)

pezus said:
Putin said:
pezus said:
Finally normal TV schedules can get back on track

You do understand that 90% of what you see or read in the news about Russia is a lie? Crafted for western people to believe it. So you a just a fool if you do it.

Which I guess you are, since you boycoted those games for a false reasons that you don't even understand :P

Please, tell me everything I don't understand then.

Forgive me for thinking your username implies you have a heavy bias.

What the point of telling you anything if you already made up your mind.

But I hope you won't feel same when someone boycot World Cup 2014, because of the Brazil image in media or Hollywood movies ;)

Around the Network

Damm, Poland almost top 10. Anyway best winter ol for us in the history.
I dont care what gays thinks.

^I see some people won't leave that topic alone? Since Olympic Games are over I might give it another go and post a yammy bait for those who's willing to bite.

My impression of the -- I won't say hysteria, but mainstream media (MSM) bias against Sochi Olympics that has gone a bit too far, crapping on the host that was a tad more than usual -- were very satisfying, as there was a lot of butthurt that I saw coming from a mile away. Unfortunately, modern day politics dictates information field we're all living at and after multiple extra-tension moments in the past, idiot would have guessed that it won't stay unaffected.

Aside from some disinterest or under-coverage of the event depending on region which is common thing due to people varied tastes and media policies, there was a lot of overall negativity even at such puny things -- an echo of the crap wave even reached our beloved VGC -- no surprise MSM eventually have fallen victims of their own cliche thinking. Majority who has actually visited Sochi were pleased and impressed, and that's the only thing worth caring here. But surely the central topic was the gay topic that has peaked during Sochi Olympics as we see by packs of "alternatively developed personalities" running amok in circles oveblowing it to the gargantuan size over the infamous "anti gay propaganda" law nobody has read (and in fact long abandoned topic in propagandistic efforts to pedal other things) -- at least that was my impression because among two (or three?) viral videos on the subject that appeared during Olympics I've seen only one indirectly quoted it but quoted wrongly (yeah, I've even checked it). Hypocrites? I'd say no, because that'd imply intellectual integrity, but tools -- absolutely.

There was tons of ther "info-causes" or rather crap waves (including those that originated over here). I hope, in fact I know, that majority could see throught this.

Not watched a lot of it by my country did exceptionally well. We hardly have snow or ice compared to other countries and managed to end 5th. Speed skating for the win. And now I hope they scratch speed-skating as an olympic sport. That'll show them Dutchies.

On the more controversial topic, not watching the Olympics but still using Russian gas... Yeah, great point made.

Things get blown out of proportion, using 'our' idea of what is right... hypocrysie all around. There won't be any countries left to actually organize events like that if the 'naysayers' get their way.

curl-6 said:
Kane1389 said:
curl-6 said:
Kane1389 said:

Then why did you post in this thread?

To answer kirby's question.

You first post was quoting pezus and he didnt ask anything, so again, why did you come here if you're not interested in sports?

Forgot about that. To express my disgust with Putin and the Russian government I guess.

So to flame, basically?

Did you alsmo come to express your disgust with South African or Chinise goverment? Will you also express your disgust with Brazilian goverment in the following summer?

Kane1389 said:

So to flame, basically?

Did you alsmo come to express your disgust with South African or Chinise goverment? Will you also express your disgust with Brazilian goverment in the following summer?

It's only flaming if I'm attacking another VGChartz user.

And since the Olympics aren't in China or South Africa...

As for Brazil, perhaps I will.