By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Sochi Olympics: Anyone watching? Has your country met your expectations this year?

Which country will have the most Bronze medals?

Other -Post below 40 21.39%

United States 61 32.62%

Russia 24 12.83%

Norway 12 6.42%

Canada 9 4.81%

Japan 5 2.67%

Germany 5 2.67%

See Results 14 7.49%

United Kingdom 3 1.60%

Poland 3 1.60%

Total:176
IsawYoshi said:
Mummelmann said:
I came to work ten minutes after the female Norwegian Gold - Silver - Bronze run today, a nice day to work in Sweden with Swedes...

I hope you got home before the Slalom ended. :D Sweden from 2nd and 4th place to two 7th places, while Norway came from 15th to 3rd, surely it made their day that much better!

Missed that! But you should read some comments on Aftonbladet, 90% of the Swedes are congratulating and the rest are doing what Norwegians always do; accuse those who win of using performance enhancers...

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
IsawYoshi said:
Mummelmann said:
I came to work ten minutes after the female Norwegian Gold - Silver - Bronze run today, a nice day to work in Sweden with Swedes...

I hope you got home before the Slalom ended. :D Sweden from 2nd and 4th place to two 7th places, while Norway came from 15th to 3rd, surely it made their day that much better!

Missed that! But you should read some comments on Aftonbladet, 90% of the Swedes are congratulating and the rest are doing what Norwegians always do; accuse those who win of using performance enhancers...

Yeah I know, after all it's (for the most part) just friendly rivaling. Most swedes (like most Norwegians) are happy as long as good athletes win.

Of cource, the same can't be said for Aftonbladets writers: http://www.vgtv.no/#!/video/77998/svenskene-jublet-for-svendsen-kollaps/offsetVideoTime=0

Not that Norwegian writers are any better. :P

well didnt expect that score.. 5-0.. wow

I guess with the american team still upset over yesterdays loss probably just dint have it in them, while finland would have been hungry for that bronze. congrats to them! Bring on the finals tomorrow!

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

IsawYoshi said:
Mummelmann said:
IsawYoshi said:
Mummelmann said:

Yeah I know, after all it's (for the most part) just friendly rivaling. Most swedes (like most Norwegians) are happy as long as good athletes win.

Of cource, the same can't be said for Aftonbladets writers: http://www.vgtv.no/#!/video/77998/svenskene-jublet-for-svendsen-kollaps/offsetVideoTime=0

Not that Norwegian writers are any better. :P

Yeah, it's the most intricate love - hate relationship in Northern Europe!

Having lived in Sweden for about six months now, I truly feel welcome and that we are sibling nations. Great country.

USA vs Finland was awesome... very nice goodbye game for Selänne and Timonen.

I guess this was the first time ever I saw "penalty shooting" used as a penalty. It was even used two times when a Finnish player touched the broken stick on the ice.

PS2|Wii|DS lite|3DS XL|PSP|Android

Around the Network

Way to make asses of yourselves on your last Olympic outing, Kostelić son and pa.

To answer the thread title, as a Dutchman I couldn't really be any happier.

We won a record amount of medals, even almost matching our Summer Games record. Sadly though, being a country with no mountains whatsoever, we can't really compete in three-quarters of the events and the only sport we as a country truly take an effort in at the Winter Games is speed-skating.

Also, in case anyone actually believed that, not because of that reason the NYTimes or whatever in the US mentioned in some article that all of us are skating the canals from "village to village" visiting family. Don't know who came up with that idea. For one, there isn't even ice in the canals and we just use cars for that even if there was, personally I've never even put on ice-skates in my entire life .

Anyway maybe that makes it even more impressive though, to be able to nearly match those countries that sent armies of athletes to every sport under the sun in total medal-count by just dominating at one sport. I'm a bit disappointed by so many outlets, mostly in North America putting down this achievement and the whole sport all of a sudden, I guess they're just jealous. Better yet, we could even realistically say we missed out on some medals. Notably in short-track skating, but also one in bobsleigh if the gods would have favored us. I hope for future games the sports-federations here put more effort in other sports as well, because we don't need mountains for everything.

I've also watched a lot of the other events with great interest, seen some impressive stuff and intense matches and it's always fun that the Olympics are always so unpredictable!

If Team Canada's forwards finally do something in the gold medal game, they'll have the win for sure - all the offence so far has been from their blue line. Here in Alberta, the game starts at 5am, and the provinces Premier gave the green light for any and every bar in Alberta to open and to serve booze at 5 in the morning for the game.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/02/21/alberta-bars-open-gold-medal-hockey_n_4834092.html

I'll just put this in here:)

Kane1389 said:
curl-6 said:
kirby007 said:
@those boycotting, bit hypocritical ....
dont hear you complaining about brazil or the african wars
gay rights> poor people and starving, bravo!

Maybe because the current Olympics aren't in Africa or Brazil.

So I assume you havent watched any sport event happening anywhere other than in a 1st world country?

Also, who made your Nike shoes?

I don't watch any sports, I consider them disgustingly boring.