By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which company's future looks more dim? Nintendo or Sony?

Which company has a bleaker future?

Sony 554 56.02%

Nintendo 198 20.02%

Why no MS...... 234 23.66%

Total:986
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
A lot of people are lacking foresight thought. They fail to realise that Nintendo will be fine in the medium term but are doomed in the long term unless they do something drastic. Most likely they will survive as a handheld only or mobile only developer.

No they are good theybeen around for 100+ years.... Gaming they have been in the longest too...

Well, we'll see about that. For the first time since they've entered the gaming business, they are facing stiff competition across all their pillars.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
A lot of people are lacking foresight thought. They fail to realise that Nintendo will be fine in the medium term but are doomed in the long term unless they do something drastic. Most likely they will survive as a handheld only or mobile only developer.

No they are good theybeen around for 100+ years.... Gaming they have been in the longest too...

Well, we'll see about that. For the first time since they've entered the gaming business, they are facing stiff competition across all their pillars.

this is not the first time, N64 and especially GCN era was bad too. But they're still around. They are already/soon to be making the next handheld+console. They arent leaving anytime soon

tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:

this is not the first time, N64 and especially GCN era was bad too. But they're still around. They are already/soon to be making the next handheld+console. They arent leaving anytime soon

Their handhelds weren't facing much competition back then. Stiff competition across all their pillars, I said.

How soon do you think the new handheld + console will come out?

everyone that put sony doesn't know anything about business! ALL OF YOU

Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:

Their handhelds weren't facing much competition back then. Stiff competition across all their pillars, I said.

How soon do you think the new handheld + console will come out?

Next Handheld HDS= End of 2016/Beginning 2017

Next Console (WiiUS lol)= End of 2017/Beginning of 2018.

I agree with HH, market has shrunk alot due to smartphones/tablets/etc. Nintendo gets an applaud cuz how HH are starting to be revelant yet they sold pretty well. Both Vita+3DS would of both sold alot more if the market wasnt so affected! I say Vita be about 25mil-30mil and 3DS would be 75mil-80mil but thats just me

Around the Network
Jared19 said:
everyone that put sony doesn't know anything about business! ALL OF YOU

Care to elaborate?

now that sony have dropped their TV division, i think they should be fine

nintendo can take losses for many years and they will be fine

it is simple but you need to be in japan because the government would not allow sony to go bankrupt they are experiencing the turn around, nintendo on the other hand is in the red as they lose money on the wii. Too many people are reliant on Sony that is what you people need to realise. the revenue made for sony is miles higher than nintendo get tht through ur thick skulls!

Sony is certainly in the worst spot, so I'll go with them... Nintendo's future is questionable.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

I guess for Nintendo honestly their main problem is without a Wii-mote type gimmick they can't sell console hardware for sh*t basically, they practically were giving the GameCube away by the end of its life cycle (you could get one with a free game for $99.99 IIRC).

If worse ever came to worse, they could just publish console games on the PS4/X1 or seek out a partnership with either one of Sony/MS and develop for one or the other exclusively based on whoever gave them the best sweetheart deal.

Sure that would be a bruise to their ego, but business wise in the end that would be an easy fix to most of their issues.

They could continue to make gaming handhelds for a while longer.