By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Order 30 FPS - Why are some people jumping on this?

Retribution...

Around the Network
FlamingWeazel said:

The whole thread is about why it only was brought up when it was a comparison, did you read it?

It was brought up because Xbox fans wanted to get payback after having to deal with all those threads and posts by Sony fans who were all riducluing the X1 for having such inferior quality games. I remember loads of threads about it around October, and if you want proof of comments, then just look for threads about the issue from October. You'll find lots of comments made by many people here (mostly the Sony fanboys including some notable one's). 

Also I've only seen a few comments by xbox fans about The Order not being 60fps and 1080. On the other hand there were so many huge threads about X1's lower quality games. Perhaps this is because this site is dominated by Sony fans. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Whats worst.

current gen game with 1080p resolution @ 30fps, or 720p resolution @ 60fps that dips down to 30?

lets not forget Tomb Raider Definitive Edition

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
RazorDragon said:
goopy20 said:
Carl2291 said:
Its simply to laugh at the smug, irritating people that constantly need to remind us that the PS4 is a more powerful machine than the Xbox One and that they are for some reason better because the games they play dont really run at 30fps anymore.

Yet this game is running at 30fps.

Its simply a way for the Xbox crowd to get back at the PS crowd. Dont read too much into it, because were gonna be seeing it throughout the entire generation when X game is running at sub-60fps on PS4.

Essentially, the PS4 fanboys were doing some good old "concern trolling", and the Xbox One fanboys are now mocking the PS4 bunch.

I think there are 2 kinds of people who keep bringing it up.

1. Playstation fanboys who just enjoy talking shit about the competitors platform

2. People like me who are shocked to see a 50% performance gap from a console that is $99 more expensive.

It doesn't have anything to with 30FPS being totally awful, it has to do with the difference in horsepower when both games run the same game. With a exclusive like the Order 1886 it's something completely different. They are trying to raise the bar when it comes to visual fidelity and they sacrificed 60fps to do so. Now if it turns out looking like a turd then the Xbox fanboys will have a field day. But if it really looks as good as people say, then they also need to keep in mind that it would run at 15fps on Xone under the same settings or explode and set your house on fire. 

The system is $99 more expensive because Kinect is bundled(and PS4 is actually being sold at a loss), funny that people don't seem to know that.

I know and MS fans should be pissed imo. The core audience never liked Kinect and now they are shoving it down our throaths by building the damn thing in. If they didn't then their GPU would be at least as good as what's inside the ps4 and we wouldn't have these 30fps topics. 

walsufnir said:
FlamingWeazel said:
sales2099 said:
FlamingWeazel said:

Since it was announced the Order was 30 fps, I saw numerous people jumping on this fact, but why? It makes zero sense, is this what the console war has come down to? The reason it was brought up before was not because 30 FPS was terrible but because when the same game was on both platforms one was 30, the other 60 and yes 60 is better, it is pretty simple to understand, so why did people latch unto 30 FPS? This is an exclusive, it would probably be 720P on x1, but that is irrelevant, it is not on x1. There is no comparison to make here.  The onyl time it has really been brought up before was in multi-plats when it is on both systems.

Hey your people started this whole thing. I personaly see no issue with this and arguing about frames per second is extremely petty.

No your people did last gen with 360.

And still no proof... And like carl said: Does this make it your attitude any better? Seems there is a lot of frustration that breaks out now.

LOL. the level of denial is astonishing

Around the Network

so this will be a sucks game and PS4 is a shit video game console after all... is that what you expect people to say... 

I just find it funny that the "next generation" has arrived and the console with the most impressive specs seems to be having trouble meeting a mark that PC gamers are already taking for granted, and are starting to look past.

1080p is the standard resolution for a PC game nowadays. According to Steam, about a third of PC gamers use a 1080p monitor, a number greater than the entire sub-720 club combined. 30 FPS is something to be taken for granted, and is simply not considered enough for a lot of games.

If the most powerful console on the market has a well-made, not hugely complex game made for it, and it has trouble meeting that mark, what's the console/PC difference going to be like in five years when PC gamers switch to 1440p as a standard? Especially since this is not even truly "high-end" PC Gaming. A PC roughly on par with the PS4 will cost $1000, sure, but will have free online, far more applications, cheaper games, and a non-theoretical form of backwards compatibility.

Love and tolerate.

For people looking for evidence that MS people were bragging about their graphics advantage check this thread:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=51237&page=1

I have no idea if there is actually evidence in this thread But enjoy finding it out.

I myself dont care much about the graphics difference on X1 or PS4, I still have not bought either one of them, and the games is what matters and if they are playable.

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

only one word: RESENTMENT

This thread. I love it!