By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Order 30 FPS - Why are some people jumping on this?

HintHRO said:
I dunno, maybe because the X1 gets raped for every game that's running 30fps? You could not possibly have missed this.

Did you read my post? Thise games get brought up because the same game runs at 60 of PS4..not the same thing.

Around the Network

I think it depends on the genre. I have come to think for this generation that for FPS games, 60fps should be the new standard. It just runs and looks much smoother and creates more of a seamless experience.

The same is true for racing games and fighting games, I'd prefer if 60fps was the target.

TPS, Sandbox, Action-Adventure,Hack & Slash, RPG's, Strategy, Puzzle games etc. I don't think it's nearly as important. In fact, I'd prefer higher visual fidelity over a higher frame-rate for these type of games. The Order fits into this category, so it's completely a non-issue for me.

The most important thing is, if the game is 30fps, that it's a rock solid 30fps. Nobody wants screen-tearing or massive dips.

FlamingWeazel said:

?? Stating fact is trolling? All last gen was had comparisons showing 360 versions being better only even less noticeable, that was K, now it isn't? Also I noticed some are still in denail about the power difference, so that also leads to more posting about the power gap.

Not just trolling, concern trolling. Think of it as pretending to care about other peoples purchases, just to get in a sly dig and piss people off.

Really, as a PS4 owner myself I feel no need at all to waltz into an Xbox One thread and tell people how much better Tomb Raider is on my console of choice due to a few more frames per second. In reality, its nice to have the "better" version, but rubbing other peoples noses in it is petty and irritating. Whats even worse is when its the same people doing it in every thread regarding multiplats on the consoles, as if it actually matters to them. As if its actually something really important. These people have reputations and are well known fans of the company they follow, and seeing them gloating time and time again pisses people off.

The comparisons arent the problem. Its the holier-than-thou attitude that comes after them and winds people up. Thats why were seeing a (small) reaction from Xbox/Wii guys regarding this game being 30fps.

FlamingWeazel said:
MoHasanie said:
Because many people said that 8 gen console games have to be 1080 and 60fps at least and that it was very bad that X1 games were lower than that.

Who? where? I never saw anyone saying that, all I saw was people doing a comparison when a game was on both paltforms, same thing happened all last gen too.

You were not here, but there is was one user by the name of Vgking (this was before the ps4 reveal) that would constantly come into Wii U threads and blabbed on how the Wii U was not gen because the games were not 1080p and 60fps. I was a lurker back then so I can't find the exact thred but some sony fans  (4-5) agreed with him.

Because it's already GOTY contender :p

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Around the Network
mii-gamer said:
FlamingWeazel said:
MoHasanie said:
Because many people said that 8 gen console games have to be 1080 and 60fps at least and that it was very bad that X1 games were lower than that.

Who? where? I never saw anyone saying that, all I saw was people doing a comparison when a game was on both paltforms, same thing happened all last gen too.

You were not here, but there is was one user by the name of Vgking (this was before the ps4 reveal) that would constantly come into Wii U threads and blabbed on how the Wii U was not gen because the games were not 1080p and 60fps. I was a lurker back then so I can't find the exact thred but some sony fans  (4-5) agreed with him.

But that wasn;t just sony fans, everyone is still saying the wii u isn;t next gen, why do people feel the need to single out people and then claim it to be the whole fanbase? It's quite sad.

betacon said:
mii-gamer said:
FlamingWeazel said:
MoHasanie said:

But that wasn;t just sony fans, everyone is still saying the wii u isn;t next gen, why do people feel the need to single out people and then claim it to be the whole fanbase? It's quite sad.

I didn't claim it was whole sony fanbase did I? Please bold where I did so. He asked a question I gave him an answer.

cuz it exposes the double standards people have

mii-gamer said:
betacon said:
mii-gamer said:
FlamingWeazel said:
MoHasanie said:

I didn't claim it was whole sony fanbase did I? Please bold where I did so. He asked a question I gave him an answer.

Was it directed at you? did I mention your name?

betacon said:
mii-gamer said:
betacon said:

Was it directed at you? did I mention your name?

Then why quote me? If it wasnt directed to me? That doesn't make sense