By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Take-Two shoots down idea of developing any Wii U games

Nintentacle said:
Only, there's no audience for them on Nintendo platforms because they never release games on Nintendo platforms.

Nintendo gamers are just racially inferior. The sooner we accept this, the sooner we all go home.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

So, when can I expect to see any major Take-Two properties on 3DS?

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Wii, didn't have anything because it was an underpowered piece of junk. I only truly got value out of mine once i modded it.

Mr Khan said:
Nintentacle said:
Only, there's no audience for them on Nintendo platforms because they never release games on Nintendo platforms.

Nintendo gamers are just racially inferior. The sooner we accept this, the sooner we all go home.

Listen to Doctor Venture 

It is easier to blame Nintendo or fan base on their console or console its self...

...rather than admit that they are incompetent and that they won't try to make a presence and establish them self. Electronic Art's was relatively established and they blew it in matter or seconds and it was all their fault for failing on Wii U.

3rd party developers nowadays are incompetent for the most part and I wonder how they can do business if they don't entice the consumers, they chickened out the moment there was a slight issue and everyone jumped out of the car rather than stay in it. Wii U would have been fine if those amateurs stayed on course, yet they only shown that they are incompetent to do anything if there isn't somebody holding their hands and they get handed down in the back street with nickels and dimes they get in return.

No wonder why games nowadays are for the most part boring rather than fun.

If you don't put games on the system then how the hell do you know if there is demand?!

If you don't advertise or let people know that there is a version for that platform then how do you expect from it to sell?!

How the hell do you expect great sales of your games if its gimped in content or features or both?!

Words are just words and actions show your intention...

Ubisoft and Activision have shown their intention... At least they yield some profit.

You expect good sales for 3rd party developers on Nintendo's platform if there aren't any and if that continues then you can't expect much, Nintendo would have gone for stronger hardware if 3rd party support was good.

Remember Gamecube? Yep... Not much software nor hardware sales...

What Nintendo do? They cut as much as possible to not have any kind of losses and maximize profit to survive as long as possible. Now look at Wii U, if people keep doing that they I guess you don't want Nintendo to be successful nor for 3rd party developers then I guess you really don't want Nintendo to make a beast like Gamecube was in its generation. Right?

You people have real control over NIntendo, you just don't use it because you are dummies.

You had Gamecube and look what happened... Abandoned by nearly everyone and now you are crying about the 3rd party support or games or demographics or something else... Its your fault, you had a chance and you blew it.

Don't blame Nintendo, don't blame their fanbase, don't blame their console, just blame yourself for failing to make it your own way. Demographics and platform are defined by 1st, 2nd and 3rd party developers... If 3rd party developers put primarily sports or action games on that platform then people that buy these kind of games will be on that platform. 3rd party failed, its simple as that. Their actions show how miserable and incompetent are now compared to their peak at NES/SNES generation when they were actually competitive with Nintendo or Sega.

Around the Network

I can't blame any third parties at this point. Unless all you play is Nintendo games, a PC or another console is really required.

Mr Khan said:
Nintentacle said:

Everything-but-Nintendo master race?

Walter_Kovacs1986 said:
Sony is publishing the Borderlands 2 port and The Walking Dead, so Sony (not 2K nor Telltale) hired devs to put those games on the Vita. Nintendo could hire devs like Sony, but they don't because they're Nintendo. As for the Wii situation, GTA IV, Red Dead, and Bioshock were not possible on the Wii due to the Unreal and Euphoria engines. They could of hired devs to make Wii ports with a custom engine like Activision did with COD, but due to the fact that the Bully Scholarship Edition and Manhunt 2 Wii ports didn't sell well, that's when they knew their audience wasn't on that console. NBA 2K sold well on the Wii, so they continued porting those games up until NBA 2K13

I'm not sure regarding Borderlands 2 on Vita, but it seems likely to me that, with Take Two having been the one to publish the original, they would have a say in porting. But I will accept that my knowledge of the details of the situation are limited.

I do, however, know more about the situation regarding Wii titles. You claim that Bully and Manhunt didn't sell well... the thing is, Bully sold about half a million copies, which is about half the amount sold on the Xbox 360. This cannot be described as "didn't sell well". If GTA were to have comparable performance, then you'd expect the Wii version to sell about 5 million copies. Manhunt 2 sold about as well on the Wii as on the PS2, so sales of that game can't really be attributed to the system, either.

And the claim that the Unreal engine wouldn't work on Wii was absurd from the beginning. Even Epic said it's possible, and that they just didn't feel the need to do it - if a company wanted to bring a huge franchise to the Wii using Unreal Engine 3, Epic wouldn't have refused to port it. But then, GTA IV was made on Rockstar's own engine, RAGE, which was also used for Rockstar's Table Tennis, for Wii. Euphoria works on iOS and Android, so it would also work on Wii.

By the way, Nintendo doesn't refuse to publish third-party titles at all. Consider Ninja Gaiden 3 and Sonic Lost World, for example. But it's not as simple as going to the company and going "we'd like to fund you to develop the game for our system" and immediately getting an agreement.

eyeofcore said:
It is easier to blame Nintendo or fan base on their console or console its self...

...rather than admit that they are incompetent and that they won't try to make a presence and establish them self. Electronic Art's was relatively established and they blew it in matter or seconds and it was all their fault for failing on Wii U.

3rd party developers nowadays are incompetent for the most part and I wonder how they can do business if they don't entice the consumers, they chickened out the moment there was a slight issue and everyone jumped out of the car rather than stay in it. Wii U would have been fine if those amateurs stayed on course, yet they only shown that they are incompetent to do anything if there isn't somebody holding their hands and they get handed down in the back street with nickels and dimes they get in return.

No wonder why games nowadays are for the most part boring rather than fun.

If you don't put games on the system then how the hell do you know if there is demand?!

If you don't advertise or let people know that there is a version for that platform then how do you expect from it to sell?!

How the hell do you expect great sales of your games if its gimped in content or features or both?!

Words are just words and actions show your intention...

Ubisoft and Activision have shown their intention... At least they yield some profit.

You expect good sales for 3rd party developers on Nintendo's platform if there aren't any and if that continues then you can't expect much, Nintendo would have gone for stronger hardware if 3rd party support was good.

Remember Gamecube? Yep... Not much software nor hardware sales...

What Nintendo do? They cut as much as possible to not have any kind of losses and maximize profit to survive as long as possible. Now look at Wii U, if people keep doing that they I guess you don't want Nintendo to be successful nor for 3rd party developers then I guess you really don't want Nintendo to make a beast like Gamecube was in its generation. Right?

You people have real control over NIntendo, you just don't use it because you are dummies.

You had Gamecube and look what happened... Abandoned by nearly everyone and now you are crying about the 3rd party support or games or demographics or something else... Its your fault, you had a chance and you blew it.

Don't blame Nintendo, don't blame their fanbase, don't blame their console, just blame yourself for failing to make it your own way. Demographics and platform are defined by 1st, 2nd and 3rd party developers... If 3rd party developers put primarily sports or action games on that platform then people that buy these kind of games will be on that platform. 3rd party failed, its simple as that. Their actions show how miserable and incompetent are now compared to their peak at NES/SNES generation when they were actually competitive with Nintendo or Sega.

http://i.imgur.com/36G14Bk.gif

Moderated - Kresnik.

F0X said:
So, when can I expect to see any major Take-Two properties on 3DS?

What I wonder is if Nintendo is trying to do what Sony has done with Borderlands 2, which is to bend over backwards to get it on the Vita.  No, not necessarily with Borderlands 2, but with any western game.  I know they're doing things in Japan but what about western developers and publishers?  Are they making that extra effort?