By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Titanfall outselling Infamous SS on Amazon.com

method114 said:
Azerth said:
Both games will sell fine it doesn't matter which one sells better

Yes it does matter if Infamous SS doesn't sell better I wont enjoy it as much and I'll have to quit gaming altogether which will lead to my eventual suicide. Basically my whole life is dependent on whether or not Infamous SS sells better. That's how serious this is.

Oh then I hope infamous sells 1 more copy then titanfall so u can keep on gaming

Around the Network
Naum said:
99/100 the amazon list doesn't even show the real world

Whaaat? So you're going to tell me that Fifa 14 isn't the best selling next gen game of 2014 in the USA?!? I don't believe it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2014/videogames/ref=zg_bsar_cal_ye#2

the-pi-guy said:
XxGhostWarriorxX said:
It was expected, titan fall will be a better game.

I too can judge the quality of a game from the trailers and Amazon rankings.  

Titanfall is a MP only game. 

Infamous is SP only i believe (the online is probably likes infamous 2)

MP games have a higher lifespan and a bigger audience.  

Why is everyone so surprised that Titanfall has higher pre-orders than Infamous: Second Son?

Why even compare them

Around the Network

Both games are going to do well and the lack of noteworthy titles on both platforms will help.

If Infamous sells a couple million people will call it a success. But sales expectations are much higher for TItanfall, a couple million on X1 would be disappointing.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

the-pi-guy said:
Rafux said:
Why even compare them

Because they're both pretty much the first big IP release after launch on two respective new consoles.  And this is a sales site, so you know how it goes.  

But one is a multiplayer only game with broader appeal and the other is a single player sandbox. Titanfall is gonna rape Infamous.

Goatseye said:
SlayerRondo said:
Goatseye said:
SlayerRondo said:
The larger console base of the PS4 will give Second Son much better legs in the long run.

Like larger install base that was PS3 gave Infamous 1&2?

I'm not saying that Titanfall will surely surpass Infamous, but for Infamous track record, Titanfall will surpass it's previous numbers.

If infamous was on X1, Iwould've bought it over Titanfall. I love open world games.

Are you saying a larger install base will not impact the sales of games on that console?

And nobody cares if TItanfall can surpass games from 2009 and 2011 but one coming out the same month on a similar/more powerfull system.

And Infamous 2 was much more of the same than Infamous Second Son is not to mention the timing of its release.

It does, but in Infamous case it has the opposite correlation.

I don't wanna continue this conversation anymore, I found this argument in general very unfruitful to be nice.

Correlation does not mean causation and that is clearly the case in this scenario. What you have failed to do is explain how the increased console base contributed negatively to the sales of Infamous 2.

The bigger the install base the greater the sales of the game is the rule and the lower sales on Infamous 2 were due game quality, innovation and marketing all being lesser than they were for Infamous. 

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Mr Puggsly said:
Both games are going to do well and the lack of noteworthy titles on both platforms will help.

If Infamous sells a couple million people will call it a success. But sales expectations are much higher for TItanfall, a couple million on X1 would be disappointing.

If Infamous SS sells only 2m then I will be very disappointed. I'm expecting 3-4m, and 4-5m for Titanfall. 

EDIT: Infamous is now AHEAD of Titanfall on Amazon. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!