By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Titanfall outselling Infamous SS on Amazon.com

Azerth said:
Both games will sell fine it doesn't matter which one sells better

Yes it does matter if Infamous SS doesn't sell better I wont enjoy it as much and I'll have to quit gaming altogether which will lead to my eventual suicide. Basically my whole life is dependent on whether or not Infamous SS sells better. That's how serious this is.

Around the Network
SlayerRondo said:
Goatseye said:
SlayerRondo said:
The larger console base of the PS4 will give Second Son much better legs in the long run.

Like larger install base that was PS3 gave Infamous 1&2?

I'm not saying that Titanfall will surely surpass Infamous, but for Infamous track record, Titanfall will surpass it's previous numbers.

If infamous was on X1, Iwould've bought it over Titanfall. I love open world games.

Are you saying a larger install base will not impact the sales of games on that console?

And nobody cares if TItanfall can surpass games from 2009 and 2011 but one coming out the same month on a similar/more powerfull system.

And Infamous 2 was much more of the same than Infamous Second Son is not to mention the timing of its release.

It does, but in Infamous case it has the opposite correlation.

I don't wanna continue this conversation anymore, I found this argument in general very unfruitful to be nice.

Being that Second Son is the first PS4 exclusive, the PS4 installbase will decide if they want it.

Me? All ready pre ordered.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Goatseye said:
DerNebel said:

Oh the hype for Infamous 2 was as big as for Infamous SS? Where are you getting that from? Why don't we look at the numbers for the two games that we can actually compare, the pre orders.

inFAMOUS: Second Son (PS4)
Sony Computer Entertainment, Action
7 9,083 196,484
inFAMOUS 2 (PS3)
Sony Computer Entertainment, Action
7 5,553 53,306

Man that sure looks like hype is exactly the same.

Don't get me wrong Titanfall will outsell Infamous in the US, most definitely and in the UK probably as well, but in the rest of the European countries and the rest of the world? I wouldn't be so sure, now granted, Infamous has never been big in Europe, but with this game being the first and for a long time only big post launch PS4 exclusive and thus having the spotlight more or less for itself, it is pretty much guaranteed that the franchise is going to grow in Europe.

Also your comment that most successful games get the majority of their sales in the US is nothing but utter ignorance, look at this:

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=&publisher=&platform=PS3&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

Every highly successful PS3 game has gotten over 50% of its sales outside of the US, it's Xbox games that get the majority of their sales in the USA not all games.

And I should probably clarify that I'm talking about Titanfall on X1 only here, btw.

I'll be brief.

Pre-orders have grown much stronger these past years. Plus you can't compare pre-order numbers of a new IP with an established one. Even though they're the same game,it was just an example.

Second, I didn't specify which system sold games better in the US. I said it in general, which makes me right. Yes I'm sure, PC,X360,Wii etc...

Well good thing than that I didn't compare preorders of a new IP with an established one, I compared preorders of the second and third game of one IP.

Also, yes the preorder trend has grown stronger in the past years, but it had already been in full force in 2011 when Infamous 2 released. Want proof? Look at this:

CoD preorders in its last week in 2011

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (X360)
Activision, Shooter
1 371,628 2,447,465
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (PS3)
Activision, Shooter
1 239,514 1,166,650

CoD preorders in its last week in 2012

Call of Duty: Black Ops II (X360)
Activision, Shooter
1 287,895 2,084,911
Call of Duty: Black Ops II (PS3)
Activision, Shooter
1 229,233 1,245,563

Preorder numbers have not generally quadrupled in the last 2.5 years.

Also if that "games sell most in the US" was meant in general, then it is a completely worthless point to make, cause as I've shown you PS games generally get more than 50% of their sales outside of the US.

Goatseye said:
betacon said:
Goatseye said:
DerNebel said:

In hindsight? What? Neither game is out yet, you know? Also the world is bigger than the US and if we want to take Amazon charts (which I find pointless to use for this but anyway) then we can easily find several countries where Infamous is seriously outperforming Titanfall, so I really wouldn't count on Titanfall outselling Infamous in the short term, long term might be a different story.

Somebody bet with this guy for his account.

Also, the world is bigger than the US but most of the time when a game is highly successful, most of the sales happen in the "ole" US of A.

Yes exactly and Sony with have a better ratio one would think this gen compared to last, so naturally all of Sony's ips will have an increase. On top of this the ps4 will have a 2+ millon unit lead over the xbox one at the launch of these tow games. I'm not sure why everyone is so cetain titanfall will win easily.

Everyone? Am I everyone?

Who was makeing thread discrediting Titanfall? Xbox owners?

Everyone doesn;t equal xbox owners doe it? why assume i was just reffering to xbox owners?

Around the Network
Goatseye said:

Previous generation. How successful was Infamous regarding the hype created for it last gen?

It was super hyped. Let's look at the sales it generated relatively to "that hype":

Wow, if the reviews are really good, I could see TitanFall outselling all of InFamous. But they are very different type games. 

Sort of like compairing Alan Wake to God of War.  Both have their fans, but they are just so different.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

doesnt matter, its a lose lose for infamous anyway.

Even if infamous sells more, people will say its because infamous got bundled and at the same time emphasise titanfall is a multiplatform which they are so far reluctant. (lol its STILL on selnor xbox exclusives thread at the top)

I do think, it will sell better at realese but it will loose on the long run.

It was expected, titan fall will be a better game.

99/100 the amazon list doesn't even show the real world

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints