By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order 1886 runs 4xMSAA; 1920x800 vs 1920x1080 "not set in stone yet"

Tagged games:

Aerys said:
Question : Black bars are added by the TV or are already in the game ? ( to know whether it's 1080p technically )

Tvs only add black bars on the sides (pillarboxing) for 4:3 content. Horizontal black bars are always in the source material.
The console outputs a 1920x1080 image with 26% of it black. That area will probably be used for HUD information, dialog choices and subtitles.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
Aerys said:
Question : Black bars are added by the TV or are already in the game ? ( to know whether it's 1080p technically )

Tvs only add black bars on the sides (pillarboxing) for 4:3 content. Horizontal black bars are always in the source material.
The console outputs a 1920x1080 image with 26% of it black. That area will probably be used for HUD information, dialog choices and subtitles.

I see, thank you :) (and for your explanations about the aspect ratio, most people think you lose informations because of black bars whereas you're actually benefiting of more informations ! )

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

I'm thinking now.

There HDTVs will show the game without black bars?

ethomaz said:
I'm thinking now.

There HDTVs will show the game without black bars?

Those are 2560x1080 though, so the tv will upscale making it less clear than 1:1 pixel mapping.
You don't need a wide tv anyway, all tv's have zoom mode. Black bars gone, 1440x810 upscaled by tv in zoom mode ;)