By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: Killer Instinct to continue; will announce "new development partner" soon

Tagged games:

selnor1983 said:
Hmmm. Am I the only one concerned?

KI on Xbox One is an awesome fighting game. I would have preferred MS bought DH and they continued the franchise.

Hopefully the team that remains had a large role in how it turned out.

I'd be more concerned if MS said nothing. Moving it to a new team pretty much confirms Season 2 is a go.

The game is already built, the most important people are still at MS, so everything sounds good so far.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Maybe it will be Black Tusk

Darc Requiem said:
I don't know how this will pan out. KI has been getting praise from the FGC. I don't get MS. This is the second time a developer that was working on exclusive Xbox software has been bought out from under them. Given their financial standing, it's a surprising trend.

the difference this time is that MS actually owns the IP.

You know what's a scary thought...

Double Helix, who up until the recent KI reboot put out basically nothing but licensed games, now has a better track record of putting out Rare-quality games over the last 15 years than Rare does.

I just looked them up and turns out DH was formed after a merger between former Shiny Ent. (Earthworm Jim & MDK) employees with other studios, so there's some pedigree and history here with DH Games.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

NightDragon83 said:
You know what's a scary thought...

Double Helix, who up until the recent KI reboot put out basically nothing but licensed games, now has a better track record of putting out Rare-quality games over the last 15 years than Rare does.

I just looked them up and turns out DH was formed after a merger between former Shiny Ent. (Earthworm Jim & MDK) employees with other studios, so there's some pedigree and history here with DH Games.

Shiny was such a great studio, Earthworm Jim was fantastic, and MDK was an underrated gem. No idea why they became so awful after forming Double Helix.  

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

Well, considering a form of the game has been out for months now, but not the full game and no campaign it might be a good thing. While people really like it, the full game is still not available.

I wonder if they will move it internally or get another 2nd party. Anyone have an idea whom it should be?

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

EspadaGrim said:
Darc Requiem said:
I don't know how this will pan out. KI has been getting praise from the FGC. I don't get MS. This is the second time a developer that was working on exclusive Xbox software has been bought out from under them. Given their financial standing, it's a surprising trend.

True, but it's still an odd occurence. I can't recall a developer being bought out from under Sony or Nintendo like this. If Double Helix just handled the coding it won't be that big of deal. Before Double Helix was sold, it was heavily implied that they had significant input in KI's design. 

Darc Requiem said:
EspadaGrim said:
Darc Requiem said:

True, but it's still an odd occurence. I can't recall a developer being bought out from under Sony or Nintendo like this. If Double Helix just handled the coding it won't be that big of deal. Before Double Helix was sold, it was heavily implied that they had significant input in KI's design. 

as long as Ken Lobb is leading development then the game will be in safe hands.

Darc Requiem said:
EspadaGrim said:
Darc Requiem said:

who where they sold to?

DJEVOLVE said:
Darc Requiem said:
EspadaGrim said:
Darc Requiem said:

who where they sold to?

Amazon of all people