By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Disaster : Day of Crisis dated?

StarcraftManiac said:
Darc Requiem said:
StarcraftManiac said:
Eternal Darkness was also published and advertised by Nintendo... So that doesn't make any sense!

Nintendo didn't purchase Silicon Knights midway through ED's development. Nintendo did buy Monoliftsoft midway through Disaster's development. That move speak volumes. The last outside developer Nintendo purchased was Retro Studios. It is not something Nintendo does often.

That's because Nintendo has never been as profitable as it is now... They can easily do it! The Gamecube era was a totally different story!

That isn't why, after the N64 era Nintendo stated that they were moving way from such partnerships. Besides, you forgot that Nintendo has always have billions of dollars in reserve and have always been profitable. I mean even when Sega offered themselves to Nintendo, Nintendo could have bought them paid off their 2 billion in debt and still have billions in reserve.

Around the Network

An anticipated title but I don't think it will do much better than NMH. I don't think Nintendo is going to be going all-out with this title in the way of marketing tbh.

StarcraftManiac said:

This game won't sell well... It'll do No More Heroes numbers i think... Sadly!

I'll buy it though!

It all depends on the adverts it will get . If it will have less than Metroid Prime 3 , than it will be dead , before it will get to shops :(

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

i hope it does well, i wanna buy it

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

If that is true, and not just a made up release date like Gamestop and amazon do, then Nintendo will be flooding the interwebs with Disaster Info soon. Unless it turned out pretty bad, then they will quietly release it and hope to make up some money, like that recent Doney kong racing game.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
StarcraftManiac said:
Darc Requiem said:
StarcraftManiac said:
Eternal Darkness was also published and advertised by Nintendo... So that doesn't make any sense!

Nintendo didn't purchase Silicon Knights midway through ED's development. Nintendo did buy Monoliftsoft midway through Disaster's development. That move speak volumes. The last outside developer Nintendo purchased was Retro Studios. It is not something Nintendo does often.

That's because Nintendo has never been as profitable as it is now... They can easily do it! The Gamecube era was a totally different story!

That isn't why, after the N64 era Nintendo stated that they were moving way from such partnerships. Besides, you forgot that Nintendo has always have billions of dollars in reserve and have always been profitable. I mean even when Sega offered themselves to Nintendo, Nintendo could have bought them paid off their 2 billion in debt and still have billions in reserve.

When did SEGA 'Offer' themselves to Nintendo?

THE NETHERLANDS

StarcraftManiac said:
Soriku said:
StarcraftManiac said:

ED wasn't made by an in-house Nintendo studio. It was made by Silicon Knights. I'm sure ED has SOME Nintendo push, but ED isn't so..."big". But it's loved by all

This is made by Monolith Soft which is somewhat popular in Japan, and help from Nintendo.

1) Disaster was already more than a full year in development before Nintendo bought them.

2) How is ED 'NOT SO BIG?!'. It hasn't sold much, but it's a game that is one of the best in the last generation!

Btw. Nintendo should've bought Silicon Knights before Microsoft started flirting with 'em!

Nintendo worked with SK on ED through two platforms. (Keep in mind that the game started on the N64 and was moved to the GC.) They also brokered the deal to get MGS on the GC. In the end though, Denis Dyack wanted to make large, epic games for the 'hardcore' audience. And Nintendo was moving to smaller, more casual friendly fare.

It's hard to buy a developer since they're only as good as the people who work there. If the people leave, all you're left with is licenses and a legacy... i.e. what's left at Rare

Edit: Back on topic, I don't believe the date.

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

Well this would be great, but I highly doubt it.

Think about it: It's a GERMAN retailer, and Germany is in Europe. But games never release first in Europe, especially not games made by a Japanese developer. Because of that AND because the date they mention is pretty soon, I don't think that this is more than a date made up by the retailer himself.

But maybe this is a proof that the game is still in development, and that would already mean quite a lot to me, actually.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

with nintendo pubilshing it it will posibly be a million seller

Cant wait to get this game