By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Disaster : Day of Crisis dated?

According to info that CVG got from a german retailer, a date has been set!, wooooooot!

German retailer receives word on Wii release date

Much delayed Wii game Disaster: Day of Crisis has been dated by a German online retailer and is tapped for release on May 30, this year.

Developed by Monolith Studios, Disaster: Day of Crisis is a panic-inducing action game that pits the player against a series of natural disasters occurring in the United States.

As if that wasn't enough, a group of rogue commandos has taken advantage of the improbable chain of events and seized possession of an atomic weapon.

Crickey. If this game does well, just imagine what they're going to do for the sequel.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=182698

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

This game won't sell well... It'll do No More Heroes numbers i think... Sadly!

I'll buy it though! 

THE NETHERLANDS

StarcraftManiac said:

I'll buy it though!

don't think so, nintendo publishes it..i think it will have advertising and such

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Yeah, this has the Nintendo push behind it. Just being tied to the name is going to give the game some recognition.

Of course, I've been anticipating this since I head about it. If that date is true...maybe we'll see something at GDC?

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Eternal Darkness was also published and advertised by Nintendo... So that doesn't make any sense!

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network
StarcraftManiac said:
Eternal Darkness was also published and advertised by Nintendo... So that doesn't make any sense!

Nintendo didn't purchase Silicon Knights midway through ED's development. Nintendo did buy Monoliftsoft midway through Disaster's development. That move speak volumes. The last outside developer Nintendo purchased was Retro Studios. It is not something Nintendo does often.

Rare, Retro, Monolith. Definitely not often. If it happens, usually some quality is involved....

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Darc Requiem said:
StarcraftManiac said:

Nintendo didn't purchase Silicon Knights midway through ED's development. Nintendo did buy Monoliftsoft midway through Disaster's development. That move speak volumes. The last outside developer Nintendo purchased was Retro Studios. It is not something Nintendo does often.

That's because Nintendo has never been as profitable as it is now... They can easily do it! The Gamecube era was a totally different story!

THE NETHERLANDS

Soriku said:
StarcraftManiac said:

ED wasn't made by an in-house Nintendo studio. It was made by Silicon Knights. I'm sure ED has SOME Nintendo push, but ED isn't so..."big". But it's loved by all

This is made by Monolith Soft which is somewhat popular in Japan, and help from Nintendo.

1) Disaster was already more than a full year in development before Nintendo bought them. 

2) How is ED 'NOT SO BIG?!'. It hasn't sold much, but it's a game that is one of the best in the last generation!

Btw. Nintendo should've bought Silicon Knights before Microsoft started flirting with 'em! 

THE NETHERLANDS

StarcraftManiac said:

I'll buy it though! 

the namerecognition of Nintendo guarantees this wil lsell more than Zack and Wiki and No More Heroes. I am not saying this will be huge but I definitely see this pushing less than Metroid. I think it will be in the 400-700K range, unless it is phenominal. Case in point woudl be Goldeneye, a game that when I first saw I was like this is going to flop it looks bad(turok had better quality character models) and it didn't look like much fun, even critics at then N64.com come had bad things to say about it. I didn't think it was going to sell outside of the Bond name. Well that game went on to be perhaps the best game on the 64 and even gave games like Mario Kart a run for their money in terms of play time and is one of the reasons that Nintnedo purchased RARE.

As for Nintendo never having as much money. Nintendo has always been the most profitable in the game business. They will always buy into a studio but only if they see a benefit for them. It seems they have a lot of faith in Monolith now whether it is because fo this game or the rumored RPG that Monolith is making remains to be seen but I still see this easily doubling NMHs numbers