By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - inFamous cool down Titanfall's momentum. Well played Sony, Well played.

Won't hurt more than Ghosts vs Gran Turismo when all is said and done. Not even the same genre or same target audience and this early on and with price on hardware still being high; there really aren't a lot of people who will shell out 400-500$ to play one game at any rate.

Around the Network

These 2 games userbase sure cross somewhere, but that won't impact on sale. First, no other big games will come out this month. Second, one is exclusive and the other is multiplat'. Third, both offers very different experience (SP only vs MP only)

ethomaz said:
BenVTrigger said:
No......just no.

This idea that Infamous will quite litteraly effect Titanfall in any way is one of the most absurd things I've ever read.

I think the OP means Xbone vs PS4 only... not what the Titanfall will do on 360 and PC.

Exactly. 

Putting it against XB1/360 & PC is suicide. 

RenCutypoison said:
These 2 games userbase sure cross somewhere, but that won't impact on sale. First, no other big games will come out this month. Second, one is exclusive and the other is multiplat'. Third, both offers very different experience (SP only vs MP only)

We still do not know if inFamous will include any kind of multi-player. For all we know, this could be announced on a lead up to launch. 

Wasen't TLOU multi-player revealed late into the games release window ?

To explain to everybody what I think the comparison is...

The gamers had money to buy only one consoles (think like $500) so what it will buy? What will be affected more in hardware sales with these two bigs releases close to each other?

+ Will guys buy Xbone + Titanfall and miss inFAMOUS?
+ Will guys buy PS4 + inFAMOUS and miss Titanfall?

Some weird but valid point is being made in this OP... guys that want to buy both will choose which one?

To be fair the two weeks advantage for Titanfall is a huge advantage because the guy can buy it because it come first.

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
ethomaz said:
BenVTrigger said:
wNo......just no.

This idea that Infamous will quite litteraly effect Titanfall in any way is one of the most absurd things I've ever read.

I think the OP means Xbone vs PS4 only... not what the Titanfall will do on 360 and PC.

The notion those 2 games effect each other even in the X1 vs PS4 scenario is frankly just not true.

This whole Infamous vs Titanfall debate thats been going on is nothing more than console warrior dick measuring contests. The games are on different consoles, are different genres, have a different player focus, one is only multi while the other is only single, and are targeting totaly different markets.

The whole debate is rediculous. The two games will have exactly 0% impact on each other sales.

did the OP say it would affect sales?  i took from the OP that it would affect media coverage. 

"..reporters and bloggers alike talking about the game and all the madnesss that comes with the hype of a new ip. Here comes inFamous Second Son..."

it's a battle of public perception, discussion, and excitment.   with the close release date one title won't be able to be talked about without bringing up the other.  ...and infamous is a title that continues to make xbox look second rate.  it's hardly fair really.  i mean, to pit a bad CoD clone up against the first true next gen title on any system. well played sony, ps4's momentem is relentless.

:P

ethomaz said:

BenVTrigger said:

The notion those 2 games effect each other even in the X1 vs PS4 scenario is frankly just not true.

This whole Infamous vs Titanfall debate thats been going on is nothing more than console warrior dick measuring contests. The games are on different consoles, are different genres, have a different player focus, one is only multi while the other is only single, and are targeting totaly different markets.

The whole debate is rediculous. The two games will have exactly 0% impact on each other sales.

I agree.

And the console sales? Which will more more?

Now that is a good question and worth debate. Which will drive higher cobsoke sales is a damn good question. If the Titanfall bundle is true then that will likely be the bigger hardware seller

I do think it is very likely that Titanfall will generate far more console sales for X1 than Infamous for Ps4. Infamous is a well known franschise with average-to-good scores on metacritic. Titanfall is a new IP from the creators of the best COD to date. That will help sales.

Anyone who thinks the games don't overlap just because they're in different genres underestimates gamers. Seriously, what kind of hardcore gamer only plays one or the other? There will be a sizeable group of casuals that will go to Titanfall due to its similarity to CoD, but most of those will be playing it on Xbox 360. In terms of next gen exclusive vs next gen exclusive, it's going to be a battle fought over hardcore gamers that play a variety of games, and would be interested in any major triple A title. I think people are overestimating how big Titanfall will be too. Even EA is treating it like a smaller project, and if they think it is, and they're the ones publishing it, I don't think we should place any more faith in it than them.

sabastian said:
ethomaz said:
BenVTrigger said:
No......just no.

Exactly. 

Putting it against XB1/360 & PC is suicide. 

PS4 versus Xbox One is equally pointless. PS4 not only has more consoles sold, leading to more potential sales, but there is no PS3 or PC version of Infamous 3 to eat away at PS4 sales. It would be quite a feat for Titanfall Xbone to outsell Infamous 3.