By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - "MotorStorm sold more than 3 million copies worldwide"

LOL I guess I will have to open the game sometime.
I got it as a bundle with my PS3 but I haven't found the time to check it yet.........
Heavenly Sword, then RoFM, AC, Ninja Gaiden Sigma and now GH3 and DMC4 are keeping me too busy...

Games like Ninja Gaiden Sigma and DMC4 with a scoring system and an online ranking will be the death of me, I am up to 55h on DMC4 and haven't even gone past mission 13.( haven't even tried mission 14..)

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network
MikeB said:
TheBigFatJ said:
MikeB said:
TheBigFatJ said:
MikeB said:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=92872

Congrats to Evolution Studios for successfully introducing its new franchise!

Wii sports is successful too.

Already congratulated Nintendo multiple times, it's not that hard.

Good point! Let's make a thread about how good the bundled game Wii Sports is selling. Unexpected success!

You don't have to buy a Motorstorm bundle, Wii Sports is bundled with every Wii in Europe and the US, but still the game performed remarkably on the Japanese market. Wii Sports bundles paved the way for Wii Play's success.

Okay then. Let's work with Wii Play.  Just like motorstorm, you don't need to buy wiiplay with a controller.  You don't even need to buy a wiimote to play wii games since it comes with one!

Oddly enough you don't see Nintendo posting press releases all over the place about the multi-million seller that is wiiplay.  

Reason being, that while they do count as sales and should. It's silly to celebrate them and post news articles on them.

The only real consolation is that GT5 will eventually blow out motorstorm. It's sad a number of other better racers won't however due to Motorstorms bundling.

thats good but i dont think it would have made it there if it wasnt bundled

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

The grunt was done before bundling (made 1 mil), but it sold well regardless of bundling.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
The grunt was done before bundling (made 1 mil), but it sold well regardless of bundling.

the game would of still been selling good without the bundle but it helped more i think it would of still made it near 3 mil total even without bundle

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

I am glad that it reached 3 mil even if it was bundled. I am not the biggest racer fan. After watching my brther play it I came to realize how good of a game it was. I like how the tracks are made for the different vehicle types. I also like the fact that the developers support it through alot of DLC. CONGRATS!

PLAYSTATON NETWORK: BLOODLINEZ

Good game, but I really didn't like the bikes in it. Handling was very strange for them I thought. Fun online though!

Yes

I got motorstorm free in the 80gig bundle. touched it twice. Wanted to sell it but too lazy to use ebay. For that money, I definitely won't buy motostorm 2.

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

Well I rented it.  Pretty fun game, but it needed a lot more features to be worth $60.  If they remedy this in Motorstorm 2, I'll probably buy it.

This means that 30% of all PS3 owners actually have Motorstorm to ... cool :D

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!