By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo 64 was the best Nintendo console ever

N64 games were just fancy 3D rehashes of SNES classics.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:

SNES games were just fancy rehashes in 16bit color of NES games

WWF No Mercy and the rest of the AKI wrestling games.

supernihilist said:
ethomaz said:
YES

Best console
Best controller
Best games
Most powerful (Ironically)

It wasnt the most powerfull. It was in theory, but in practice all those "modern effects" it had made performance cripple. I think they were about on par, being N64 the most advanced feature wise.

It didn't have CGI fmv but 3D graphics was always better on N64... it was a gen of difference over PS1 or Saturn.

supernihilist said:
vivster said:

SNES games were just fancy rehashes in 16bit color of NES games

With the exception of F-Zero, Super Mario RPG, Star Fox, Super Mario Kart, Earthbound, Killer Instinct, Donkey Kong Country, Yoshi's Island, Pilotwings.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
supernihilist said:
ethomaz said:
YES

Best console
Best controller
Best games
Most powerful (Ironically)

It wasnt the most powerfull. It was in theory, but in practice all those "modern effects" it had made performance cripple. I think they were about on par, being N64 the most advanced feature wise.

It didn't have CGI fmv but 3D graphics was always better on N64... it was a gen of difference over PS1 or Saturn.

oops sorry, i though you had knowledge on the matter.  i guess you are too young

That's not how you spell SNES, kirby

Super Nintendo ALL THE WAY !

SNES>>>>N64>>>>>>GC>WiiU>Wii

I'd pick SNES. It's arguably the best console ever made. Great controller, great durable hardware, and a software library for the ages. N64 is a great console, and probably my personal favorite, but SNES is the better system.

Also, I disagree with the inflammatory language in the OP. Disregarding three generations of platform development as "fancy rehashes" or "casual crap" doesn't help your credibility.