ethomaz said:
supernihilist said:
ethomaz said:
YES

Best console
Best controller
Best games
Most powerful (Ironically)

It wasnt the most powerfull. It was in theory, but in practice all those "modern effects" it had made performance cripple. I think they were about on par, being N64 the most advanced feature wise.

It didn't have CGI fmv but 3D graphics was always better on N64... it was a gen of difference over PS1 or Saturn.

oops sorry, i though you had knowledge on the matter.  i guess you are too young

I do not know the actual power of the PS1, Saturn, or N64 but I do know the N64 games looked the best graphically in my opinion.

Around the Network

N64 had some great, original IPs like Pilotwings and Blast Corps. And, of course, the best Star Fox game. Then there's the wrestling games that I found to be better than the PS1 wrestler games at the time.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
I'd pick SNES. It's arguably the best console ever made. Great controller, great durable hardware, and a software library for the ages. N64 is a great console, and probably my personal favorite, but SNES is the better system.

Also, I disagree with the inflammatory language in the OP. Disregarding three generations of platform development as "fancy rehashes" or "casual crap" doesn't help your credibility.

I might have worded it better but what gc/wii/wii u was actually as refreshing as ario 64 or banjo kazooi or OoT

gamecube: pure graphical upgrade

wii: motioncontrols didn't add enough

wii u: still nothing groundbreaking

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I liked GameCube the most.

N64 had the best first party software lineup (including Rare) and the first to introduce 4-player gaming madness. It will always have a place in my heart. SNES had the overall better library of games but I was too young at the time to get into most of them. Obviously now I can get into them but it loses some of that sentimental value that the N64 had for me. I still loved playing Super Mario Bros and Donkey Kong Country back in the day!

Around the Network

kirby, when did you start gaming?

JGarret said:

I had an nes

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Lol, no. SNES thrashes your N64.

kirby007 said:
JGarret said:

I had an nes

But, was that back when it was the current console, in the 80s?

Snes had Doom, Super Mario World, ISS Pro, Hockey 95, Killer Instinct. Went up against Mega Drive/Genesis and laid the blueprint for future controller design.
Oh it also had Super Metroid.