By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can anyone tell me what I am missing about the 3DS

Einsam_Delphin said:
Justagamer said:
The reason to get the 3ds is the same reason you get any game machine: games!

QFT!

I'm probably going to sound clueless here(which I am)..... What is QFT?

Around the Network

It's not the best tech but it has features like streetpass minigames are a fun time killer for the core and casual. And yes, lots and lots of games.

Do u like games made by Nintendo and niche Japanese games? If yes, there is no reason not to own a 3DS

Do u prefer First/Third person shooters, racing sims, sports games, western RPGs, sandbox games? If yes, 3DS probably isnt the system for u

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

rolltide101x said:

I am going to post one last response and then I am done with this thread and I recommend this to everyone else as well. The 3DS DOES NOT have console quality games for 2014 that is the bottom line and that is what I want. The 3DS is not getting one of my favorite games of 2012-13 (Terraria) or Minecraft.

The 3DS Zelda-s probably are better games than KZ but that does not mean the Zelda-s are not overpriced

PSVita has plenty of great Indies and I would rather have Indies than overpriced retail.

Does this make the 3DS a bad handheld? No, does it make it a bad console for me? Yes.

Metrium obviously does not get it at all. It is nothing to do with the graphics. Quite a few of my favorite games as of late have been 16-bit but they price theirself accordingly 3DS games are not priced accordingly. I can buy stuff from 2005 on my PSVita that cost 5$ with the same or higher quality that anything on 3DS. I need to buy Patapon on my Vita =)

I dont get why u made this thread, u want 2014 console quality games, why would a 2011 handheld have that? U say graphics have nothing to do with it so whats ur definition of console quality anyway? U also say 3DS games ($20-40) are higher quality than smartphone games (free-$10) but less quality than console games ($50-60) then go on to say they are overpriced despite being priced right in the middle.

Basically u set everybody up for failure by asking people to convince u something that u never had any intention of changing ur mind about.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I love my 3ds! Been playing Fire Emeblem and the Bravely Default Demo lately :D.

Around the Network
Justagamer said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Justagamer said:
The reason to get the 3ds is the same reason you get any game machine: games!

QFT!

I'm probably going to sound clueless here(which I am)..... What is QFT?

Quoted For Truth!

3DS is cool, but honestly I think Wii U will have the better Nintendo games.

Mario 3D World is better than 3D Land, NSMBU is better than NSMB2, and I suspect Zelda will be better on Wii U versus 3DS. Smash is likely going to be better on Wii U too. Things like Bayonetta 2 and X are there too.

Kid Icarus Uprising is a terrific game though, really for people who want an "epic" new Nintendo IP, that's about as close as your gonna get.

Soundwave said:
3DS is cool, but honestly I think Wii U will have the better Nintendo games.

Mario 3D World is better than 3D Land, NSMBU is better than NSMB2, and I suspect Zelda will be better on Wii U versus 3DS. Smash is likely going to be better on Wii U too. Things like Bayonetta 2 and X are there too.

Kid Icarus Uprising is a terrific game though, really for people who want an "epic" new Nintendo IP, that's about as close as your gonna get.

Of course it will as it better with it's superior hardware and higher cost!