By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Comparison's: XY Currently Over Half Of Total BW Sales 2nd Year [0.82mil vs 1.28mil]

XY Will Sell How Many Units In Its 2nd Year? (2014)

5mil+ 50 38.17%

4.5mil-5mil 11 8.40%

4mil-4.5mil 13 9.92%

3.5mil-4mil 10 7.63%

3mil-3.5mil 19 14.50%

2.5mil-3mil 10 7.63%

2mil-2.5mil 6 4.58%

1.5mil+2mil 7 5.34%

1mil-1.5mil 1 0.76%

Total:127

I've been keeping on eye on this myself and it looks like it is doing really well, it's just hard to see because of the previous games' launch windows. If they manage to keep 3DS interest high this year it wouldn't be out of the question for XY to do another 3-4 million this year.

Around the Network

Wait, X/Y actually slayed Europe when you compare those numbers. I think X/Y is gonna sell over 4 million this year. Only if Pokémon Z isn't announced for a 2014 release.

That brings me to an interesting question. X/Y is probably gonna be the only new-gen Pokémon game for 3DS, isn't it? I guess we'll see Pokémon Z and R/S remakes and it'll be about just that.

Pokemon X/Y are doing just fine compared to the DS entries. The Pokemon franchise is still very strong and  that won't change unless something really bad happens to it.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Rest of the World seems a lot undertracked. It sold very well in Brazil. Everyone I know that has a 3DS bought at least one of the two games and it is one of the top selling games in most online retailers till today. I think that Brazil + Australia already sold more than 1mi units, so rest of the world must have sold way more than 0,53mi.

It really helps that piracy is close to nonexistant on the 3DS, I hope they can keep it that way.

The last thing the dedicated handheld market needs is a repeat of the DS and PSP situation.

Good work tbone !

Around the Network
Munchies said:
Wait, X/Y actually slayed Europe when you compare those numbers. I think X/Y is gonna sell over 4 million this year. Only if Pokémon Z isn't announced for a 2014 release.

That brings me to an interesting question. X/Y is probably gonna be the only new-gen Pokémon game for 3DS, isn't it? I guess we'll see Pokémon Z and R/S remakes and it'll be about just that.

For your first statement, i think XY will sell between 2.5mil-3.5mil (but we'll see, hope im wrong and it sells more). Its true about Z (or even Ruby/Sapphire remakes) can cut off the legs of XY by a good margin if announced+released in 2014. D/P imo benefited greatly from this, platinum came out 2 years after D/P If Z (R/S remakes) come out 2014 then i see pokemon XY selling between 2mil-2.5mil this year! Your second statement i think it might stay on 3ds for Gen 7. I see it like this tbh. So its 50/50 as i see the newHH being backward compatible 2011 (3ds released) 2012 2013= XY 2015= Z 2016= R/S remakes 2017=Gen 7 on 3DS + New Successor Released

Munchies said:

I think Z (or maybe the Hoenn remakes) will be released in 2015.  I explained why in an earlier post.

Will they be the only region openers on the 3DS?  Well that of course depends on how long the 3DS's lifespan is.  The DS had two generations because it lasted almost 7 years.  It's way to early to tell.

EDIT:  Never mind.  That wasn't an earlier post, it was on a different thread.  :)

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

AZWification said:

Pokemon X/Y are doing just fine compared to the DS entries. The Pokemon franchise is still very strong and  that won't change unless something really bad happens to it.

BW was considered bad to many (outside of improved battle mechanics). It had the biggest launch (well 130mil+ userbase) but quickly fell over in its regions second year. Gamefreak is pretty good, i trust them. XY aside from its post game beats every gen in terms of overall and brings the most innovative mechanics from gen to gen!

zehh25 said:
Rest of the World seems a lot undertracked. It sold very well in Brazil. Everyone I know that has a 3DS bought at least one of the two games and it is one of the top selling games in most online retailers till today. I think that Brazil + Australia already sold more than 1mi units, so rest of the world must have sold way more than 0,53mi.

Australia was 100k+ first week, i say its about 250k-400k now so yes Rest of the world is undertracked. There are about 1mil pokemon xy copies unaccounted for from vgc tracking. I think japan is only off by 100k-200k, US seems spot on so its definitely Rest of World + Europe (especially France)

orniletter said:
It really helps that piracy is close to nonexistant on the 3DS, I hope they can keep it that way.

The last thing the dedicated handheld market needs is a repeat of the DS and PSP situation.

Good work tbone !

Thanks! Remember pokemon XY here is 9.94mil but it should really be about 10.8mil-11mil by Dec 31st! so definitely 11mil as of now