By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MS and Sony Fans! What would it take for you to buy a WiiU?

Right now I consider it to be a dead console and I will probably pick it up by the end of the year when I find it dirt cheap to play bayonetta and W101.

A change in Nintendo's management would have been a requirement for me to have picked it up earlier. As long as they insist on selling their consoles as toys I am not interested.

Around the Network

Nothing.
before I said id pick up a wii when it was dirt cheap, i didnt do that so im not gonna bother saying the same for the wii U

PS4 owner here:
when it's 100euros.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

I'll get a Wii U last. After I get the Xbox One then the PS4. They have the games I want now. Nintendos games I can always play Plus, when I get the Wii U I need to buy a external HD because I am going after all of the Wii games that I had missed previously.

And why would you need an external hard drive to play Wii games?

Nintendo Network ID: domflo

Add me if you like!

Ask me about 3DS Friend Code if interested. All other things are in the profile!

DeadlyCatalyst said:

So the title kinda says it all. 

I'm curious if its software, price cut or do you simply not want one because the hardware isn't as capable as the PS4 and XboxOne?

EDIT:

Hey everyone! Thanks a lot for your answers, I really appreciate it.

To summarize what some of you said

Earthbound*

Pokemon RPG or MMO*

Zelda *

Metroid Prime*

F-Zero*

Star Fox*

Exploration focused 3D Mario*

New IP/IPS*

Proper online / account infrastructure*

SRPGs/JRPGS*

Achievements*

Gamepadless SKU

Super Mario RPG Sequel

better battery life*

Larger HDD*

Make Compatible with ps4/xboxone controller

Nothing waiting for Nintendo to go Third party

Knighted by the Queen

Price cut between 250*

Price Cut 200

Price cut 150

Price Cut 100

I've put * next to what I feel is either possible or probable and the ones without anything are, in my opinion outside the realm of possibility, although the WiiU being knighted would be great. 

I hope Nintendo does bring back some older IPs because a lot of you really just want to play games like Mother, Metroid, Star Fox, F-Zero and I can definitely see at least two of those making a return.

JRPGS and SRPGS, at least from Nintendo are on the way in the form of X and Shin Megami X Fire Emblem

In terms of Price Cut, even though Nintendo said they wouldn't do it, 250 seems like its in the realm of possibility if the system doesn't sell any better when their heavy hitters release. Those asking for 200 or sub 200 are craazzeeeh. Just doesn't seem like it'll happen until 5 to 6 years down the road. 

Gamepadless SKU won't happen, Iwata quashed this possibility during Nintendo's investors meeting.

Going third party, well I wish you people absolutely no luck in that regard

Better Battery Life and Larger HDD for the current price of 299 would be smart on their part.

Thanks again everyone

more time.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

Somebody capable of destroying my backlog. I already want Pikmin 3 and SM3DW but I have so many games to play on PS360, PC, 3DS and PS4 that I have no reason to drop $300+ on a Wii U. I may not be able to resist once MK8 comes out though.

domflo said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I'll get a Wii U last. After I get the Xbox One then the PS4. They have the games I want now. Nintendos games I can always play Plus, when I get the Wii U I need to buy a external HD because I am going after all of the Wii games that I had missed previously.

Because the I doubt with all my downloading the Wii U will be able to handle it all.

A small price cut, but also a decent game, I liked the look of,zombie but I'm not buying a console for one game, if they remade restident 2/3 in the same way they remade resident evil 1 I'd then buy it

S.T.A.G.E. said:
domflo said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Because the I doubt with all my downloading the Wii U will be able to handle it all.

Yeah, that makes sense, but I don't see the connection to Wii games that's implyed by your wording. Wii games can't be downloaded and Wii Virtual Console/WiiWare games can only be saved on the internal memory or on an SD card. Wii Us Wii mode is not compatible with USB drives as far as I know.

I guess you mean that you want to download Wii U games, and yeah, in that case, you'll need a hard drive, but for anything related to Wii U's backwards compatibility, hard drives are totally useless.

Nintendo Network ID: domflo

Add me if you like!

Ask me about 3DS Friend Code if interested. All other things are in the profile!

domflo said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
domflo said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Yeah, that makes sense, but I don't see the connection to Wii games that's implyed by your wording. Wii games can't be downloaded and Wii Virtual Console/WiiWare games can only be saved on the internal memory or on an SD card. Wii Us Wii mode is not compatible with USB drives as far as I know.

I guess you mean that you want to download Wii U games, and yeah, in that case, you'll need a hard drive, but for anything related to Wii U's backwards compatibility, hard drives are totally useless.

So you're saying saves can't go to external HD's like the 360?