By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MS and Sony Fans! What would it take for you to buy a WiiU?

Horror games.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
domflo said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Because the I doubt with all my downloading the Wii U will be able to handle it all.

Yeah, that makes sense, but I don't see the connection to Wii games that's implyed by your wording. Wii games can't be downloaded and Wii Virtual Console/WiiWare games can only be saved on the internal memory or on an SD card. Wii Us Wii mode is not compatible with USB drives as far as I know.

I guess you mean that you want to download Wii U games, and yeah, in that case, you'll need a hard drive, but for anything related to Wii U's backwards compatibility, hard drives are totally useless.

So you're saying saves can't go to external HD's like the 360?

No, only to an SD card. That's because it only worked that way on the Wii, and the Wii Us Wii mode is just a Wii running on Wii U hardware with a special channel that allows you to switch back to the Wii U menu. When operating Wii mode, none of the Wii Us features work (no Miiverse etc.) except that you can use the Gamepad as a screen (not as a controller though). It's basically like switching to a Wii console that sits inside of the Wii U.

Oh, and some games' saves can't be written to an SD card. There aren't many of these (Super Smash Bros. Brawl comes to mind), and I don't know why you can't put them on one, but it doesn't work. You'll have to use the internal memory for these.

Nintendo Network ID: domflo

Add me if you like!

Ask me about 3DS Friend Code if interested. All other things are in the profile!

If there was no Xbox,PC or PS, I could consider getting a Wii U.

domflo said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I'll get a Wii U last. After I get the Xbox One then the PS4. They have the games I want now. Nintendos games I can always play Plus, when I get the Wii U I need to buy a external HD because I am going after all of the Wii games that I had missed previously.

And why would you need an external hard drive to play Wii games?

External HDD is the best way to play wii games.

XboneWins said:
domflo said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I'll get a Wii U last. After I get the Xbox One then the PS4. They have the games I want now. Nintendos games I can always play Plus, when I get the Wii U I need to buy a external HD because I am going after all of the Wii games that I had missed previously.

And why would you need an external hard drive to play Wii games?

External HDD is the best way to play wii games.

Maybe, but that only works on a Wii with CFW or some homebrew stuff on it (I don't know the details). And in that case it would be far easier to just buy a Wii and mod that thing than buying a Wii U. Let's just say it's not the normal/supported-by-Nintendo way of using either console.

Nintendo Network ID: domflo

Add me if you like!

Ask me about 3DS Friend Code if interested. All other things are in the profile!