By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One price-cuts incoming - To match PS4's

small44 said:
Expect a counter attack from Sony

A PS4 with 2 drives so you can play PS4 and PS3 games at the same time.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

How does a 2nd drive achieve that?  PS4 BR Drive is not the problem with playing PS3 games,

the lack of Cell and totally different GPU and memory architecture is the problem.

DonFerrari said:
small44 said:

I dexcepect a ps4 price cut if xbox one got a price cut.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

small44 said:
DonFerrari said:
small44 said:

That much is a given if Xbone cut provide a real boost and menace PS4 dominance.

@mutantsushi, I'm aware of that... It was a joke because of the driveless Xbone them PS4 would go opposite, since Sony have been doing most of things the opposite of what MS have done.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

MikeRox said:
vivster said:
$399 with kinect(and disk drive) for the holidays and the X1 will close the gap significantly, especially with Halo on the horizon.

Maybe in the US. In Europe it's going to need a lot more than that.

Indeed, but If they do it right with the price cut  and advertising it well then I see the X1 breezing past the PS4 in US and with that closing the gap WW.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
small44 said:
DonFerrari said:
small44 said:

Not gonna happen. ms can throw sh*ttons of money down the drain, Sony can't. My guess is late 2015 if 20nm is ready by then.

A price drop is bad business for MS because only English speaking countries will have a meaningful reaction towards this. The continental European or Japanese or elsewhere in the non-English speaking world, this will have small to negligible effects. In NA, UK and to some extent, other English speaking countries, we'll see some shift towards XB1 but the only country where XB1 has a chance to reach 50% parity is US. Mark my words.

Edit : A price drop this early, is never a good sign, and usually interpreted as an omen by consumers

a) The early buyers feel that they were screwed.

b) The late buyers may lose confidence.

So the safe bet is to price discriminate, release a "cut-down" or "budget" version as an alibi to decrease the price. So a digital-only (without bluray) console might be a solution to slash $100 although the drive itself costs much less than that (around $20-25, I believe).

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

DonFerrari said:

@mutantsushi, I'm aware of that... It was a joke because of the driveless Xbone them PS4 would go opposite, since Sony have been doing most of things the opposite of what MS have done.

Ah, OK... Well, on that note, Sony should soon be releasing 50% more fake leaks than MS...

vivster said:
MikeRox said:
vivster said:
$399 with kinect(and disk drive) for the holidays and the X1 will close the gap significantly, especially with Halo on the horizon.

Maybe in the US. In Europe it's going to need a lot more than that.

Indeed, but If they do it right with the price cut  and advertising it well then I see the X1 breezing past the PS4 in US and with that closing the gap WW.

The likes of Forza Horizon 2 being released would help greatly with that. Hell I'd contemplate getting an XB1 once it's below £200-250 if that comes out despite already having a Wii U and PS4.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

drkohler said:
small44 said:
DonFerrari said:
small44 said:

Not gonna happen. ms can throw sh*ttons of money down the drain, Sony can't. My guess is late 2015 if 20nm is ready by then.

When xbox one price cut will happen i think playstation will be profitable and will still be profitable after a 50 dollars price cut.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m