By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One price-cuts incoming - To match PS4's

ethomaz said:
Seems like a desperate move if true... but won't change anything...

I'm thinking here how much the sales on US are bad to make a company cut the price so early.

You really think a 100 price drope will not change ANYTHING?  

Around the Network
PSwii60 said:
TheSting said:
How long was it before Sony started chopping the price of the 3?

I believe it all depends post-E3 in terms of sales. If it does, however, happen then this generation will be known of its reactive panic buttons. Either, the gaming industry has evolved where the hardware companies are clueless to said change, or they have lost touch with the gaming community. Perhaps, a little of both.

Cool but do you know how long after?

Microsoft will not remove the Kinect, which only leaves them to create a optical disc-less system. I am very worried about the success of that.

No way is the Xbox one not profitable at current pricing, probably hugely profitable. In the UK the price is £425 and for that money you can buy some serious PC hardware. The xbox one is just a small motherboard with a AMD APU, cheap memory and a few other bits. Compared to a PC its completely scaled back to just essential parts. At the beginning clearly they are interested in getting back R&D costs etc.

Xbox One definitely needs a price cut in Europe but I thought it was holding its own in the USA? Really though for the Xbox One to stay in the race in worldwide terms it needs to be no.1 in the states because it certainly won't do well in Japan.

g911turbo said:
ratchet426 said:
vivster said:
$399 with kinect(and disk drive) for the holidays and the X1 will close the gap significantly, especially with Halo on the horizon.

By the holidays that gap is going to be pretty significant, if current sales trends continue.  The real question is whether MS is going to remove features (Kinect, hard drive) to hit $399 or if they are just going to sell it at a loss.

If they do this I sure as hell hope they offer me something as a bonus for being an early adopter.  I dunno, like 50 percent off a game.  SOMETHING. lol

The cut would probably burn them with some early adopters, and maybe see as weakness to others.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
g911turbo said:
ethomaz said:
Seems like a desperate move if true... but won't change anything...

I'm thinking here how much the sales on US are bad to make a company cut the price so early.

You really think a 100 price drope will not change ANYTHING?  

Heap... it will increase the sales for a little moment but that won't be enough to PS4... even if the PS4 was $100 expensive the situation will be the same... price didn't matter the gamers already made their choice... when this price cut happened PS4 will have a user awe close to 20m while Xbone will be passing 10m.

PS4 is a dreaming machine for gamers.

As I mentioned in a previous thread:

Is this suppose to mean what we should wait and NOT buy the current Xbox One model until we hear further official details of this future model? And is it arguably to say that current Xbox One user might be screwed out of a potentiality better model this early in the Xbox One's lifespan?

Expect a counter attack from Sony

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

bonzobanana said:
No way is the Xbox one not profitable at current pricing, probably hugely profitable. In the UK the price is £425 and for that money you can buy some serious PC hardware. The xbox one is just a small motherboard with a AMD APU, cheap memory and a few other bits. Compared to a PC its completely scaled back to just essential parts. At the beginning clearly they are interested in getting back R&D costs etc.

Xbox One definitely needs a price cut in Europe but I thought it was holding its own in the USA? Really though for the Xbox One to stay in the race in worldwide terms it needs to be no.1 in the states because it certainly won't do well in Japan.

Completely forget about Kinect did you?  It's that tech that makes the X1 so expensive..

vivster said:
$399 with kinect(and disk drive) for the holidays and the X1 will close the gap significantly, especially with Halo on the horizon.

Maybe in the US. In Europe it's going to need a lot more than that.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.