By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [POLL] Will a $400 kinectless Xbox One be enough to take on the PS4?

Will a $400 price keep the One close in sales to the PS4?

Yes, and it will bring it above the PS4 even 24 7.67%

Yes 28 8.95%

No, but it will allow it ... 91 29.07%

No 169 53.99%

Total:312
selnor1983 said:
FOR GODS SAKE. THERE WILL BE NOOOOOO KINECTLESS SKU.

It will be a DISCLESS sku. Xbox wont be a hardware thing in 8 years. It will be a service. Xbox One Discless SKU is the best way forward. And the first of the console makers to embed themselves into full Digital titles.

What's the point of a discless sku? You take out a $25 drive and sell the sku for $100 less? Why would shops sell such an sku if they can't sell softare with it?

Around the Network
CDiablo said:
Xbox people are waiting for X1 to get cheaper much as Sony people waited on the PS3. Every 360 owner I know is getting a 1, every PS3 owner a 4. As the price drops the balance will move closer to what this gen has been.

That's unlikely to be true for USA, and it's almost certainly not going to be true for the rest of the world. Mostly because as Xb one price drops so will PS4, though I expect Xb one to eventually close the price gap as Sony will be able to afford to have a slower rate of its price reductions and thus make more profit from hardware.

The UK (2nd strongest 360 territory) belongs to PS4 unless MS can somehow get Xb one down to at least 50 pounds cheaper than PS4. That's highly unlikely to happen, mostly because I think Sony won't let it happen. Sony might wait until Xb one is same price as PS4, but then PS4 will match Xb one price drop for price drop.

I expect Xb one (with Kinect) will be $/GPB/EUR50 cheaper by holiday 2014.  PS4 will still be at launch price, probably first price drop mid/late 2015. Though perhaps holiday 2014 bundles will be launch price so you get a free game.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

sales2099 said:
nah, but itll keep things competitive and widen NA gap.

I think you mean close the NA gap since PS4 is in the lead and will keep that lead barring a surprise price drop tomorrow. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

petroleo said:

even thou if it was at 400 it would be still a inferior machine plain and simple, the problem with the xbone is its hardware and price, so if it was 400 still the PS4 would be the better choice by a big margin.

I mean just look what some developers are saying, developers are putting raw code into the PS4 dev kit and it already reaching full HD and 60 frames, I think War thunder developer said this and Tomb Raider dev too, is just freaking insane!, meanwhile the xbone they need to squezze whatever they can into the xbone to just achieve a barely 30 frames or a sub hd ?,  and this freaking thing cost 500 bucks ? flooded with microtransactions on Forza, Ryse, etc ?

Seriously people theres absolutely nothing intelligent on investing on a xbone :/

At the moment the opposite is true?

With Kinect included, the Xbox One has a variety of features that are not available to the PS4.  It also currently has better games, and a lineup that is arguably stronger than the PS4's.

Certainly the PS4 is marginally more powerful, a gap that appears to be less meaningful than that seperating the PS2 and Xbox.

At $100 more expensive, its quite simple to argue that the PS4 is an easier purchase.  At the same price, feature for feature, the PS4 becomes a much harder sell.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

It would still be the same price for a weaker console. So it would help some, but not enough.

Around the Network

all that extra processing power would go to waste without the kinect

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I doubt it, mostly because people have already learned that the PS4 is the better system for third party games. If they released it very soon, they come close to PS4 numbers due to a slightly larger exclusive library, but if they wait until the holidays like the rumors have suggested, then it's very unlikely. By then Sony will have several big AAA exclusives on the market (inFamous, The Order, MLB, and possibly GT) plus all the indie and big third party titles that will make it the far better system overall. Microsoft seems to be more focused on 2015 at the moment, and still don't have much lined up for 2014 yet beyond Quantum Break, maybe Halo 2 AE, and maybe Forza H2. Those will all sell respectively but not be real hardware pushers like GT, Infamous, and The Order. The only reason why I'm not listing Titanfall is because I feel that the XBone version sales will be severely damaged if the rumors of being on par with the 360 version are true. More people will most likely buy it on 360 if that's the case.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

DialgaMarine said:
Microsoft seems to be more focused on 2015 at the moment, and still don't have much lined up for 2014 yet beyond Quantum Break, maybe Halo 2 AE, and maybe Forza H2. Those will all sell respectively but not be real hardware pushers like GT, Infamous, and The Order. The only reason why I'm not listing Titanfall is because I feel that the XBone version sales will be severely damaged if the rumors of being on par with the 360 version are true. More people will most likely buy it on 360 if that's the case.

Whilst I agree that Forza H2 will not be a hardwear pusher, why on earth do you think the Order will be?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
DialgaMarine said:
Microsoft seems to be more focused on 2015 at the moment, and still don't have much lined up for 2014 yet beyond Quantum Break, maybe Halo 2 AE, and maybe Forza H2. Those will all sell respectively but not be real hardware pushers like GT, Infamous, and The Order. The only reason why I'm not listing Titanfall is because I feel that the XBone version sales will be severely damaged if the rumors of being on par with the 360 version are true. More people will most likely buy it on 360 if that's the case.

Whilst I agree that Forza H2 will not be a hardwear pusher, why on earth do you think the Order will be?

101K preorders in the US alone, and we still don't even have a solid release date or even gameplay. I can see that game skyrocketing in hype one those 2 things happen and inFamous releases. Given the PS4's quickly growing install base, and that being the first genuine next gen exclsuive beyond inFamous, I can see that game pushing Gears level sales LT.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

No. It is weaker and perceived as inferior in almost every respect by the general public. It SHOULD cost less. If I were MS I would try as hard as possible to make the Xbox One $300. Disk Drive, Kinect, whatever. That is what it will take.

It is half as strong and the price should reflect that...