By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [POLL] Will a $400 kinectless Xbox One be enough to take on the PS4?

Will a $400 price keep the One close in sales to the PS4?

Yes, and it will bring it above the PS4 even 24 7.67%

Yes 28 8.95%

No, but it will allow it ... 91 29.07%

No 169 53.99%

Total:312
Somini said:
walsufnir said:
ethomaz said:

walsufnir said:

Yes, I think this will happen, but is it of interest? Xbone will get a lot of games, for sure. I just feel sad for Nintendo fans as they are not getting enough games, in my opinion.

3rd-parties yeap but Nintendo was never a console for 3rd-parties... Nintendo own games always supported the console... I guess the same will happen... even Wii with suck amazing sales had weak 3rd-party support.

Problem currenty is that Nintendo seems to not supporting the console right. Is there anything upcoming despite MK8? This will for sure be a great game but where are the others? Wii also sold a lot of party games for 3rd party studios, don't forget that. All the Wii uniqueness was responsible for the success. WiiU doesn't have anything masses seem to like :(

They have Smash Bros in february and Mario Kart in may. 3rd party consists of 2 lego games in between and some digital titles. So it seems they have very little choice in games.

And really, I feel sorry for them. We are all gamers and want to have good games, especially also variety in games! This leads me to the conclusion that you either buy a PS4 or Xbone because these two systems give us what we want.

Or do you or anybody disagree? Of course there are still reasons to buy one or the other but generally we want games, and a lot of them.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
Somini said:
walsufnir said:
ethomaz said:

walsufnir said:

Yes, I think this will happen, but is it of interest? Xbone will get a lot of games, for sure. I just feel sad for Nintendo fans as they are not getting enough games, in my opinion.

3rd-parties yeap but Nintendo was never a console for 3rd-parties... Nintendo own games always supported the console... I guess the same will happen... even Wii with suck amazing sales had weak 3rd-party support.

Problem currenty is that Nintendo seems to not supporting the console right. Is there anything upcoming despite MK8? This will for sure be a great game but where are the others? Wii also sold a lot of party games for 3rd party studios, don't forget that. All the Wii uniqueness was responsible for the success. WiiU doesn't have anything masses seem to like :(

They have Smash Bros in february and Mario Kart in may. 3rd party consists of 2 lego games in between and some digital titles. So it seems they have very little choice in games.

And really, I feel sorry for them. We are all gamers and want to have good games, especially also variety in games! This leads me to the conclusion that you either buy a PS4 or Xbone because these two systems give us what we want.

Or do you or anybody disagree? Of course there are still reasons to buy one or the other but generally we want games, and a lot of them.

Yes. I think part of the reason why PS4 and Xbone are doing so well since launch have to do with the potential failings of the WiiU. You simply can not survice on that console alone, while a PS4 or Xbone alone is not that hard to do. The die hard fans will still buy a WiiU, but it´s clear most of them are in the market for a second one as well.

It´s actually a shame, i was really hyped about it when it was announced. First Nintendo console that cought my attention since the Gamecube, but my hype went away pretty fast after release.

I'd say they should just cut the price to $400 and leave Kinect in there. As another user said, it's one of the things the console has over PS4, even if not many care about it. Might as well keep it's uniqueness. If they cut Kinect then it's a weaker PS4 with potentially less exclusives (going by last gen anyway).

It's a steep cut and wouldn't make Microsoft happy, but it would probably help market share a good deal.

X1 will win in NA with the Halo and Gears combo. Although the gap will not be as high as it was last gen. However, on the world wide stage it won't matter. The Xbox brand is no where near the level of Playstation. Xbox is an American gaming brand, Playstation is a world wide gaming brand. You saw the launch parties for each around the globe, Sony's was huge fireworks displays while MS went up like a bottle rocket.

Blood_Tears said:
X1 will win in NA with the Halo and Gears combo. Although the gap will not be as high as it was last gen. However, on the world wide stage it won't matter. The Xbox brand is no where near the level of Playstation. Xbox is an American gaming brand, Playstation is a world wide gaming brand. You saw the launch parties for each around the globe, Sony's was huge fireworks displays while MS went up like a bottle rocket.

Ha ha ha.

Around the Network

FOR GODS SAKE. THERE WILL BE NOOOOOO KINECTLESS SKU.

It will be a DISCLESS sku. Xbox wont be a hardware thing in 8 years. It will be a service. Xbox One Discless SKU is the best way forward. And the first of the console makers to embed themselves into full Digital titles.

nah, but itll keep things competitive and widen NA gap.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

It will be a closer fight but it really depends on what exclusive games appear on Xbox One in the end. The PS4 exclusives this year already seem more diverse though than those on X1

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

No but it will change things in the US

Would help a little... prob could take a decent lead in the us.
PS4 will be leading worldwide this entire gen regardless.

Idk why so many complain about the kinect lol. I mean I don't like it either...
But you can easily turn around, leave the plastic on the kinect and sell it for $90-100 on ebay.
That's what I plan on doing when I buy one this month...I have had the ps4 since launch.