By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [POLL] Will a $400 kinectless Xbox One be enough to take on the PS4?

Will a $400 price keep the One close in sales to the PS4?

Yes, and it will bring it above the PS4 even 24 7.67%

Yes 28 8.95%

No, but it will allow it ... 91 29.07%

No 169 53.99%

Total:312
CDiablo said:
Xbox people are waiting for X1 to get cheaper much as Sony people waited on the PS3. Every 360 owner I know is getting a 1, every PS3 owner a 4. As the price drops the balance will move closer to what this gen has been.

I know a good amount of 360's owners that changed to PS4... this generation will have PS4 with a big gap over Wii U and Xbone and these two like GC and XB.

The gap will be close to 8 million at the end of 2014.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
walsufnir said:
Power? Well, PS2 was weakest in competition (leave aside Dreamcast), still was the most successful console ever.
I think MS needs to make sure that Xbone sells well, not requiring to catch PS4. If you only want to buy the most successful console, go for PS4. Otherwise decide on which games you like more.
Xbone will still get all major 3rd parties, I guess. There is too much money to make for the big ones.

PS2 had over a year of head start... so the base was already created... same happened with 360 and because that PS3 had trouble to reach it sales just with the power of the brand.

Xbox brand is not powerful enough to make what PS3 did... with launch aligned it will stay behind forever.

But staying beyond doesn't mean it's a bad gaming system or a financial disaster. I don't play sales, I play games.

I just hope MS sells a lot of system to stay in competition as Nintendo seems already out this gen.

walsufnir said:

But staying beyond doesn't mean it's a bad gaming system or a financial disaster. I don't play sales, I play games.

I just hope MS sells a lot of system to stay in competition as Nintendo seems already out this gen.

No company will get out of the business I guess... Nintendo profited with GC and it low sales so the same will happen with Wii U... Xbone will sell a good amount too.

I just guess none of them will reach the PS4 sales this gen... the gap will be obvious.

ethomaz said:

walsufnir said:

No company will get out of the business I guess... Nintendo profited with GC and it low sales so the same will happen with Wii U... Xbone will sell a good amount too.

I just guess none of them will reach the PS4 sales this gen... the gap will be obvious.

Yes, I think this will happen, but is it of interest? Xbone will get a lot of games, for sure. I just feel sad for Nintendo fans as they are not getting enough games, in my opinion.

walsufnir said:

Yes, I think this will happen, but is it of interest? Xbone will get a lot of games, for sure. I just feel sad for Nintendo fans as they are not getting enough games, in my opinion.

3rd-parties yeap but Nintendo was never a console for 3rd-parties... Nintendo own games always supported the console... I guess the same will happen... even Wii with suck amazing sales had weak 3rd-party support.

Around the Network

I would get an Xbox1 without kinect. I have no interest in kinect and never will.

ethomaz said:
The gap will be close to 8 million at the end of 2014.

That seems pretty... extreme. What are you predicting the total numbers for the consoles to be by the end of 2014?

And yes, I'm one of those people that changed from 360 to PS4.

ethomaz said:

walsufnir said:

3rd-parties yeap but Nintendo was never a console for 3rd-parties... Nintendo own games always supported the console... I guess the same will happen... even Wii with suck amazing sales had weak 3rd-party support.

Problem currenty is that Nintendo seems to not supporting the console right. Is there anything upcoming despite MK8? This will for sure be a great game but where are the others? Wii also sold a lot of party games for 3rd party studios, don't forget that. All the Wii uniqueness was responsible for the success. WiiU doesn't have anything masses seem to like :(

dsp333 said:

That seems pretty... extreme. What are you predicting the total numbers for the consoles to be by the end of 2014?

And yes, I'm one of those people that changed from 360 to PS4.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5970678

LTD's
WiiU: 10.1m
PS4: 19.4m
XB1: 9.3m
3DS: 55.6m
PSV: 11.2m

There is a change to PS4 sell close to 18million and Xbone/Wii U shift sales... Xbone 10m and WiiU 9m.

walsufnir said:
ethomaz said:

walsufnir said:

Problem currenty is that Nintendo seems to not supporting the console right. Is there anything upcoming despite MK8? This will for sure be a great game but where are the others? Wii also sold a lot of party games for 3rd party studios, don't forget that. All the Wii uniqueness was responsible for the success. WiiU doesn't have anything masses seem to like :(

They have Smash Bros in february and Mario Kart in may. 3rd party consists of 2 lego games in between and some digital titles. So it seems they have very little choice in games.