By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Infamous will trounce Titanfall: Proof

walsufnir said:
Shinobi-san said:
I think in the long run Titanfall will be bigger than Infamous. I think Titanfall has the potential to compete with Battlefield and COD.

The exclusivity will hurt it though.

I don't know what to believe anymore. If Xboners say TF is exclusive they get laughed at because it's also on 360 and PC.

Now when it's bad to be exclusive (hurting sales) other platforms aren't mentioned...

Its just my opinion on the strengths and weaknesses of exclusivity.

Some games benefit from exclusivity and other are hurt by it. I believe games like Uncharted, Gears, Halo, Gran Turismo etc. all the big ones that have mass appeal are negatively impacted by exclusivity.

Smaller unknown games that get an abnormal push from the publishers are positively impacted by it. Demons Souls i think is a good example of that.

Considering that Titanfall seems to have mass appeal, similar to that of COD, i think it will be negatively impacted by the exclusivity. So while it might sell 8 million on X1 it could have sold an additional 8 million on PS4.

In general though i think most games dont benefit from exclusivity.But thats just my take it on it...i dunno about everyone else.

Edit: I dont laught at people who say Titanfall is exclusive. It is exclusive to X1 where the PS4 is concerned.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network
Shinobi-san said:
walsufnir said:
Shinobi-san said:
I think in the long run Titanfall will be bigger than Infamous. I think Titanfall has the potential to compete with Battlefield and COD.

I don't know what to believe anymore. If Xboners say TF is exclusive they get laughed at because it's also on 360 and PC.

Now when it's bad to be exclusive (hurting sales) other platforms aren't mentioned...

Some games benefit from exclusivity and other are hurt by it. I believe games like Uncharted, Gears, Halo, Gran Turismo etc. all the big ones that have mass appeal are negatively impacted by exclusivity.

Smaller unknown games that get an abnormal push from the publishers are positively impacted by it. Demons Souls i think is a good example of that.

Considering that Titanfall seems to have mass appeal, similar to that of COD, i think it will be negatively impacted by the exclusivity. So while it might sell 8 million on X1 it could have sold an additional 8 million on PS4.

In general though i think most games dont benefit from exclusivity.But thats just my take it on it...i dunno about everyone else.

Edit: I dont laught at people who say Titanfall is exclusive. It is exclusive to X1 where the PS4 is concerned.

I mostly agree with you and it wasn't meant especially against you but your opinion is seldom. Most people, in my opinion, talk about Titanfall because it is not on Playstation. Imagine it would've been the other way round... I think we wouldn't see so many "Titanfall not big" threads.

To me, I don't care if a game is exclusive. I just want good games, as easy as this. And buy the system which is more appealing to me.

To me, especially Tomb Raider and Mass Effect 3 were one of the best games this gen, both multis. I didn't have less fun with them because they are not exclusive. Of course I also enjoyed every Gears or Forza (especially Horizon) but not because they were exclusive but because they were great games.

Pre-orders mean nothing in the long run... Infamous will be ps4 only but TitanFall will be for 360, PC, and X1 but if we are only including X1, then maybe... If MS and EA market it right with bearly any launch issues, TitanFall is looking like the new Cod so I really don't think Infamous has a chance... Maybe in the first month it will outsell but if TitanFall really is good as everyone is claiming, then it should sell like crazy

Infamous 2 sold only 1.64 million units with an install base of over 60 million

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I have some trouble believing those digital pre-orders.

Bravely default 600k+? I'd like to believe that, but i dont.

walsufnir said:
Shinobi-san said:
walsufnir said:
Shinobi-san said:

I mostly agree with you and it wasn't meant especially against you but your opinion is seldom. Most people, in my opinion, talk about Titanfall because it is not on Playstation. Imagine it would've been the other way round... I think we wouldn't see so many "Titanfall not big" threads.

To me, I don't care if a game is exclusive. I just want good games, as easy as this. And buy the system which is more appealing to me.

To me, especially Tomb Raider and Mass Effect 3 were one of the best games this gen, both multis. I didn't have less fun with them because they are not exclusive. Of course I also enjoyed every Gears or Forza (especially Horizon) but not because they were exclusive but because they were great games.

True but you should have asked what my opinion was before you quoted me

But anyways i agree Titanfall wouldnt get downplayed/hyped as much as it does now if it was multiplat but thats just how people are i guess.

And yeah games are games..the only reason i sometimes get more excited for exlcusives is because it allows devs to really get as much as they can out of one particular system. Although this appeals more to my graphics whore side!

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network

Gamestop will be full of Infamous 2nd Son a week afther release.

Vasto said:
Gamestop will be full of Infamous 2nd Son a week afther release.

binary solo said:
starcraft said:
Of course it will?

It is an all-online new IP versus arguably the third most high profile Sony exclusive there is (after GT and Uncharted).

Why are we still having this discussion?

I'd say GoW is more high profile, and I feel like Sony wants to make Killzone (as the direct exclusive "competition" to Halo) more high profile. And game sales-wise I think KZ is bigger...runs off and checks..yep on PS3 KZ2 > Infamous and KZ3 > Infamous 2; which personally I think is a travesty, but that's the FPS generation for you.

I'd even say Ratchet and Clank, being multi-generational, has a higher profile than inFamous. Especially when you consider the fact that lots of PS2 owners switched to 360 or Wii and unless they maintained an awareness of PS3 games other than games that got lots of awards they would not even know there's a game called inFamous. But because of their connection to PS2 they will probably know about Ratchet and Clank, even if they think the series probably died with PS2.

So my guess is profile-wise inFamous is top 10, and maybe top 5.

Ratchet and Clank is declining enormously, though I will give you Killzone.

So we're arguing between top two and top five, the point is moot.  Ultimately you have a highly established franchise versus an unknown quantity.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
binary solo said:
starcraft said:
Of course it will?

It is an all-online new IP versus arguably the third most high profile Sony exclusive there is (after GT and Uncharted).

Why are we still having this discussion?

I'd say GoW is more high profile, and I feel like Sony wants to make Killzone (as the direct exclusive "competition" to Halo) more high profile. And game sales-wise I think KZ is bigger...runs off and checks..yep on PS3 KZ2 > Infamous and KZ3 > Infamous 2; which personally I think is a travesty, but that's the FPS generation for you.

I'd even say Ratchet and Clank, being multi-generational, has a higher profile than inFamous. Especially when you consider the fact that lots of PS2 owners switched to 360 or Wii and unless they maintained an awareness of PS3 games other than games that got lots of awards they would not even know there's a game called inFamous. But because of their connection to PS2 they will probably know about Ratchet and Clank, even if they think the series probably died with PS2.

So my guess is profile-wise inFamous is top 10, and maybe top 5.

Ratchet and Clank is declining enormously, though I will give you Killzone.

So we're arguing between top two and top five, the point is moot.  Ultimately you have a highly established franchise versus an unknown quantity.

Not really that moot. I think the difference between top 2 and top 5 is quite huge in terms of consumer awareness. Pretty much every gamer who isn't living under a platform loyalty rock knows GT and Uncharted. The same can't be said of any of the other franchises mentioned here.

It's probably not good to talk about top 5 / top 10 franchises. Better would be A list, B list and C list titles. Realistically I think PS only has 2 A-list franchises. So in this thread TF is up against an established franchise, but only a B-lister.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

600k+ in digital? Where did those numbers came from? :O