By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is it panic time for Microsoft?

Uabit said:
With Halo and Titanfall coming this year? They don't have to worry

I wouldn't bank on Titanfall. Remember there are 80 MIL+ Xbox360's out there and millions of gaming PC's

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
Microsoft vastly overestimated demand in the US and that's why they only launched in 13 countries. A terrible mistake because the XBO is selling terribly in Europe. They need to get into other countries fast.

Overstimating demand isnt why they only launched in 13 countries, kinect is.  They would have already released in other countries by now if it was just an overestimate of demand.  They are having problems with the voice recognition in different languages.  Since that is their big initial push, they cant launch in countries with unsupported languages until that has been resolved...

manny10032 said:
DirtyP2002 said:
They have the best software lineup for 2014 and the deepest pocket to destroy Sony and Nintendo if they feel like to. And the sold 3.9 million consoles with a $500 price tag.

They will be fine.

you mean Shipped 3.9 not sold.

3.9 million consoles generated revenue for MS.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Why would they panic? It's not like the Xbox One is selling badly.

manny10032 said:
Uabit said:
With Halo and Titanfall coming this year? They don't have to worry

I wouldn't bank on Titanfall. Remember there are 80 MIL+ Xbox360's out there and millions of gaming PC's

I guess you haven't checked the pre order numbers for Titanfall on the X1 lately the game will sell a lot and Halo will  sell even more and that is only for the X1.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
No, its still destroying the Wii U in sales and is currently in a big software drought so there is no time to panic.

That's a measure for success?

They need to launch the system in more countries and cut the price by at least 50 quid.

softcoregamer82 said:
Chris Hu said:
No, its still destroying the Wii U in sales and is currently in a big software drought so there is no time to panic.

That's a measure for success?

It also destoying the Vita anyway as long as its not in last place its not time to panic the Wii U and Vita are the only two consoles that should currently be in panic mode big time.

DirtyP2002 said:
They have the best software lineup for 2014 and the deepest pocket to destroy Sony and Nintendo if they feel like to. And the sold 3.9 million consoles with a $500 price tag.

They will be fine.

They've been trying to destroy Sony and Nintendo for the past 3 generations. You need more than lots of money to win a console generation. And best software lineup is subjective, I think they have the worst. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Mummelmann said:
Well, not quite yet, but it is "sit down and think long and hard about why the hell we made Kinect mandatory since it only inflates the price and serves as of yet no gaming purpose at all on the platform, all the while causing a slight identity problem for potential customers from two segments of the market" time.

I believe MS already know why they make Kinect mandatory.  Its probably not what the system can do today but what MS believe they will be delivering tomorrow.  If MS is not willing to part with Kinect for the X1 then its evident that Kinect is as important to MS then immediate sells for the X1.  The key will be how long will it take for MS to bring the value of having Kinect to the X1.  I am not sure if Kinect selling as much as the PS4 at this time is really a big deal.  The device just needs to sell.  I doubt this gen will be over in 2 years or something like that so who knows how things will turn out 2 years from now.