By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - GAF XBONE LEAKS: Halo2 HD Nov2014; Halo5/Fable 2015; Crack3 2016, new SKUs, LOTs More (Controlled PR Leaks?)

Wouldn't be surprised at a Halo 5 delay. Never looked like they had much to show except that teaser.

Around the Network

If theres no Halo 5 this year Xbox One is really gonna loose momentum come this christmas.

A lot of things happened while I was sleeping... cool... MS is not happy with these leaks.

Dark_Feanor said:
DerNebel said:

Maybe you don't have to check in every 24 hours, but if your console doesn't have a Disc Drive you won't be able to get any games on it, if it isn't connected to the internet.

Also you won't be able to resell your games, buy games used, rent games or lend games from your friends. If you want a game you're pretty much forced to pay the price MS sets for it on their store. So quite honestly, this sounds like their original X1 plan, just a bit worse since you literally have only one place to buy games and if that one place doesn't want to discount the games, you're out of luck.

So a X1 without a Disc Drive, seems like a pretty stupid purchase to me, especially if it's only $100 cheaper than the normal X1.

Much like Steam, so?

Yeah, because a) you can't still buy disc based games for the PC and b) we all know that Steam is the only way to buy games digitally on the PC...

Seriously there is a pretty big difference here.

Like Xenostar said, having the choice isn't bad but if I were presented with that choice I'd always pick the console with the Disc Drive.

Welfare said:
jlmurph2 said:

He only leaked like 4 games, 2 of which are going to be in 2016. The rest is confirmations and release dates. MS has more than that at E3s

The $399 Xbox, White Xbox, Halo 2A, AND Halo 5 delay are the biggest confirmations of this leak, and something MS would definitely want to save for E3. ESPECIALLY the Halo 5 delay and Beta access. Forza Horizen 2 is still a big one, and QB and SO dates are also big.

This wasn't just "like 4 games, 2 of which are going to be in 2016. The rest is confirmations and release dates." This was SKU's getting leaked, and a delay of MS biggest IP. That is a lot to leak, and MS is probably very furious right now.

It's really not thaaat big.
Halo 2 Anniversary was heavily rumored weeks ago. Forza Horizon 2 was also heavily rumored weeks ago (with actual proof).
Crackdown 3 was hinted by Microsoft already and I would be very disappointed to wait til 2016.
Halo 5 delay is bigger, but not unexpected (at least to me).

Only thing that's really interesting for something like E3 would be the changes to the console or its price.

Honestly the official confirmation of Microsoft buying the Gears of War franchise rights is to me a bigger story than everything that is listed here.

Around the Network

If the halo2a is with halo multi that game is going to be huge

DerNebel said:
Dark_Feanor said:
DerNebel said:

Maybe you don't have to check in every 24 hours, but if your console doesn't have a Disc Drive you won't be able to get any games on it, if it isn't connected to the internet.

Also you won't be able to resell your games, buy games used, rent games or lend games from your friends. If you want a game you're pretty much forced to pay the price MS sets for it on their store. So quite honestly, this sounds like their original X1 plan, just a bit worse since you literally have only one place to buy games and if that one place doesn't want to discount the games, you're out of luck.

So a X1 without a Disc Drive, seems like a pretty stupid purchase to me, especially if it's only $100 cheaper than the normal X1.

Much like Steam, so?

Yeah, because a) you can't still buy disc based games for the PC and b) we all know that Steam is the only way to buy games digitally on the PC...

Like Xenostar said, having the choice isn't bad but if I were presented with that choice I'd always pick the console with the Disc Drive.

I bought my last notebook at about 2 years ago... Never made use of the the disc drive.

Also, I haven´t seen any anounced with a disc drive.

In fact I can´t remember the last time I ever used one CD or DVD for anything... any thing but my old ass 360.

Dark_Feanor said:
DerNebel said:

I bought my last notebook at about 2 years ago... Never made use of the the disc drive.

Also, I haven´t seen any anounced with a disc drive.

In fact I can´t remember the last time I ever used one CD or DVD for anything... any thing but my old ass 360.

That's good for you, doesn't change my point though.

DRMgate.
NSAgate
180gate.
Youtubemachinamagate.
Resolutiongate.
And finally, Pressleakgate.
Probably a few more gates in there, but those are the ones worth mentioning. All can be yours for $499.
Guess I will be skipping ms E3 along with their other press events for 2014.

And to the Sony insiders, you have some catching up to do.

After Phil confirming that the Halo on Xbox One in 2014 will be a legitimate entry of the Reclaimer-Saga and stressing that it will NOT be delayed I really have my doubts with these so called leaks. I mean it is not unrealistic for a team as big as 343i to develop a Halo game set to launch 2 years after its predecessor. Only because we didn't see actual gameplay doesn't mean it will be delayed (First Halo 4 trailer which showed gameplay was released in March 2012).

And what's up with those Tier 2 & 3 countries? Nobody ever heard of the Netherlands (initially Tier 1)? Really having my doubts (in some aspects).