By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - GAF XBONE LEAKS: Halo2 HD Nov2014; Halo5/Fable 2015; Crack3 2016, new SKUs, LOTs More (Controlled PR Leaks?)

jlmurph2 said:
Blood_Tears said:
I'm not buying some of these leaks, I thought MS already confirmed Halo 5 for 2014?

They did, they said something like "Chief's next Journey will begin on Xbox One in 2014"

Gotcha, so that vague comment from them could very well be H2A instead.

Around the Network
Blood_Tears said:
jlmurph2 said:
Blood_Tears said:
I'm not buying some of these leaks, I thought MS already confirmed Halo 5 for 2014?

They did, they said something like "Chief's next Journey will begin on Xbox One in 2014"

Gotcha, so that vague comment from them could very well be H2A instead.

Not too sure, it says "Next Journey" and refers to the E3 trailer. Which directly relates to the end of Halo 4.

jlmurph2 said:
DerNebel said:
daredevil.shark said:

I agree with you. But after Xbox One's always online DRM fiasco I just hate xbox brand. What they tried to do with us really shocked me.

Well if that leak about the X1 without a Disc Drive is true, then they aren't done with that. :D

What does that have to do with 24 hour check ins? Nothing at all. The original plan was for people to use their disc games as another form of digital and access without putting in a disc after the install. Without a disc tray there's no need for check ins because there will be no disc to insert.

Maybe you don't have to check in every 24 hours, but if your console doesn't have a Disc Drive you won't be able to get any games on it, if it isn't connected to the internet.

Also you won't be able to resell your games, buy games used, rent games or lend games from your friends. If you want a game you're pretty much forced to pay the price MS sets for it on their store. So quite honestly, this sounds like their original X1 plan, just a bit worse since you literally have only one place to buy games and if that one place doesn't want to discount the games, you're out of luck.

So a X1 without a Disc Drive, seems like a pretty stupid purchase to me, especially if it's only $100 cheaper than the normal X1.

DerNebel said:
jlmurph2 said:
DerNebel said:
daredevil.shark said:

I agree with you. But after Xbox One's always online DRM fiasco I just hate xbox brand. What they tried to do with us really shocked me.

Well if that leak about the X1 without a Disc Drive is true, then they aren't done with that. :D

What does that have to do with 24 hour check ins? Nothing at all. The original plan was for people to use their disc games as another form of digital and access without putting in a disc after the install. Without a disc tray there's no need for check ins because there will be no disc to insert.

Maybe you don't have to check in every 24 hours, but if your console doesn't have a Disc Drive you won't be able to get any games on it, if it isn't connected to the internet.

Also you won't be able to resell your games, buy games used, rent games or lend games from your friends. If you want a game you're pretty much forced to pay the price MS sets for it on their store. So quite honestly, this sounds like their original X1 plan, just a bit worse since you literally have only one place to buy games and if that one place doesn't want to discount the games, you're out of luck.

So a X1 without a Disc Drive, seems like a pretty stupid purchase to me, especially if it's only $100 cheaper than the normal X1.

Its not bad to have an internet Only SKU as long as its not the only option, you must know what your getting into if your buying a console that has no Optical Drive, its going to be very online reliant, as long as it doesnt have the 24 hour checkin which there is no reason to that was only ever to tie disks to owners, and in this instance there are no disks.

More more more...Xbox One will be more Strong....Is amazing all good things coming soon....

Around the Network

Things are looking good for the x1 if some of these are true.
I have a ps4 at the moment but have some spare cash.

My best buy still has a day one x1 i've been debating getting.
Should I get that or wait and see how this all develops??

Any suggestions if someone else was in this situation and wanted both consoles? 

DerNebel said:

Much like Steam, so?

Dark_Feanor said:
DerNebel said:

Much like Steam, so?

Steam is nothing like it. PC gaming was already dealing with a limited retail presence, so steam was a necessity, consoles on the other hand are HUGE in retail, not remotely the same. I was a pc gamer and even finding pc games on shelves was often a chore 5-6 years ago, not so with console. With steam you can still play disc based games if you so choose even ones that are not tied to steam. Not remotely the same.

DerNebel said:
jlmurph2 said:
DerNebel said:
daredevil.shark said:

I agree with you. But after Xbox One's always online DRM fiasco I just hate xbwillox braupnd. What they tried to do with us really shocked me.

Well if that leak about the X1 without a Disc Drive is true, then they aren't done with that.peopleD

Theres already talk from MS about having more deals for digital, by that time dont you think they would have figured out digital pricing? Maybe it will end up with awesome deals for certain Xbox owners depending on their registered home console, we'll never know until this digital sku actually releases. People know exactly what they're buying if there's no disc tray.

binary solo said:
$100 off for removing something that probably adds less than $50 to the cost of the system? I suppose total redesign, reduce size of box, put power brick inside the box. But still don't see how that knocks off $100. I suppose somewhat cheaper bill of materials for all components will help knock down the cost too.

Still bit of a struggle to sell a console that's the same price as the main competition with a key piece of kit (for most potential customers) missing, while retaining a piece of kit that's pretty under utilised.

So seems rather unlikely to me.

well, it assures that every sold game will be digital which will bring much more money as a retail game so that microsoft can calculate a lower price much easier with such a console.

it also reduces the used games market which helps to sell new games.