By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Japan Digital Sales Archive

hiska-kun said:
benao87 said:
Thanks Hiksa-kun.

Now, this are huge digital sales:

18. [WIU] Dragon Quest X: Nemureru Yuusha to Michibiki no Meiyuu Online (Square Enix) {2013.12.05} (¥3.990) – 80.235 (49.920) / 130.155

Nintendo digital sales are rather good, wasn't really expecting that. Well shortages drive people towards digital, but still, quite impressive.

Maybe the huge digital sales for that title could be that is an expansion. The people already bought the first version (because is needed to play this expansion), so they only need to upload, and maybe they prefered to do it digital. 

I'm aware of that, but don't you reckon that it is still a big number? I mean, we didn't even know how well the game was doing with the little information we had about subscriptions and all that.

Around the Network

Put the new numbers in the OP along with links to Hiska's full top 30's and tidied up stuff a bit.

All ready for the January numbers, unless by some miracle we get November :)

An interesting breakdown of digital/retail sales percentages from someone on GAF:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=99388619&postcount=614

Download/packaged ratio

62.2% WiiU Dragon Quest X: Nemureru Yuusha to Michibiki no Meiyuu Online ** DLC
25.5% 3DS Bravely Default: For the Sequel ** DLC
13.5% PSV Shin Dynasty Warriors: Gundam ** LOW STOCK
11.3% 3DS Monster Hunter 4
11.1% PSV Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster Twin Pack ** LOW STOCK
10.6% 3DS Attack on Titan: Jinrui Saigo no Tsubasa ** LOW STOCK
8.6% 3DS The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds ** LOW STOCK

Highest download/packaged average:

Sys Avg N Sdev
WiiU 13.4% 5 24.4%
PSV 12.3% 2 1.2%
3DS 5.8% 15 6.2%

PS3

2.7% 7

1.2%

Total packaged/download:

PSV 11.9%
WiiU 5.0%
3DS 4.5%
PS3 2.9%

great thread.

hopefully this helps vgchartz improve their digital estimates (assuming they are doing them or intend to do in the future).

What is interesting to see is how digital sales are higher when retail stock is sold out.

I guess that this kind of demonstrates is people will prefer retail. Then there is a percentage of people who want the game NOW and will get digital if retail is sold out. Then there is that small percentage of digital only people.

Wow! Now I noticed..... almost 50k for Dragon Quest on WiiU in December ! That´s about 40 % of its total sales.

If WiiU games are getting that sort of % on digital sales, then it would seem that WiiU games are actually selling better than the retail charts suggests

Around the Network
Rogerioandrade said:
Wow! Now I noticed..... almost 50k for Dragon Quest on WiiU in December ! That´s about 40 % of its total sales.

If WiiU games are getting that sort of % on digital sales, then it would seem that WiiU games are actually selling better than the retail charts suggests

It was a very good result for Dragon Quest, no doubt, but I'd suggest it's more an anomaly than a rule for WiiU games.  The title was an expansion and I think there were incentives to upgrade digitally, making the ratio a lot more skewed than for most games.

And to answer your question from the other thread: We don't actually know how Famitsu are getting their numbers.  But since they're the only digital sales we're getting, it's better than nothing!

http://www.gamekult.com/actu/japon-les-chiffres-du-dematerialise-en-janvier-A129468.html

Titre Support Ventes Répartition
1. Gundam Extreme Vs. Full Boost PS3 10.369 3.9%
2. Kirby Triple Deluxe 3DS 9.487 2.3%
3. Diablo III PS3 5.473 14,2%
4. Disgaea 4 Return PSV 5.254 17.6%
5. Puzzle & Dragons Z 3DS 4.240 3.8%
6. Sengoku Basara 4 PS3 3.678 1.9%
7. Final Fantasy X | X2 HD Remaster Twin Pack PSV 3.616 10.1%
8. Yo-kai Watch 3DS 3.598 5.0%
9. Zelda : A Link Between Worlds 3DS 3.296 4.4%
10. Final Fantasy X | X2 HD Remaster PS3 2.981 6.7%

Griever said:

I don't know who this Kresnik guy is but he sounds like a swell chap and this thread is totally awesomesauce.  And I'm sure he'd be updating it with January's numbers right now if he wasn't banned by some idiot, but since he is, here are January's numbers as best I can find.  

You mean himself? That's not the way to talk here BTW.

LemonSlice said:

Exactly. So he's not wrong!

LemonSlice said:
Griever said:

I don't know who this Kresnik guy is but he sounds like a swell chap and this thread is totally awesomesauce.  And I'm sure he'd be updating it with January's numbers right now if he wasn't banned by some idiot, but since he is, here are January's numbers as best I can find.  

Kresnik created an alt after he banned himself.

Do wish these things would be organized by best selling digital games vs top sellers overall.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.