By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tomb Raider: PS4 at 1080p@40-60fps vs Xbone 900p-1080@20-30fps

rolltide101x said:
walsufnir said:
ethomaz said:
walsufnir said:
Reading the whole article Xbone version still seems quite ok, although some ugly drops. Fluctuating framerate seems to be not the very best solution for this game.
Still a rip-off to me, the game is definitely great and it was a lot of fun but the price is ridiculous.

It is only a good for new buyers... I mean these that didn't buy it on PS360 or PC.

SE can give a upgrade plan like $20 to these that had the previous version.

Yeah, not worth a rebuy. But also consider that both consoles lack any new games currently so I see some desperate buyers.

Also there is us who did not buy it for PS3/360 like me who is interested (but I am probably am not gonna grab it)

Yes, like ethomaz already said.

Around the Network
Captain_Tom said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Captain_Tom said:
Half as powerful. I said it when the full specs were release, and I say it now. Everyone just accept this FACT, and move on so we can stop talking about this...

Agree, it's time to move on this thread is just gonna make some mad lol.

I am getting tired of this being "News" every time a new game comes out.  Then again MS did this to themselves when they said there wouldn't be a big difference.  If they would have said "It's not gonna be competitive specswise, but our gameplay will make up for it"  (Like Nintendo did with the Wii.  NOT THAT IM SAYING THE DIFFERENCE IS THAT BIG) ; then no one would care and everyone would accept the difference.

But MS made a big deal out of it, and now the fact checkers are doing what they do...

Exactly.  If Penello and Nelson had kept their mouths shut on the power difference, instead of making up poor reasonings on why the raw specs weren't that important and statements like "Can't wait for the truth to come out," then graphics comparisions wouldn't have been pushed like they are, now.  Sure, they would have been done, as they always are, but now they are becoming the main focus.  Partly as a way to throw it in MS's face, but also to throw it in the faces of Xbox fans who decided to push the narative that the difference was less than the PS3 and 360, when in fact it's probably the biggest difference we've ever had between two of the most powerful consoles of a gen.  As well as those who made big deals about small details last gen, but now downplay large differences in graphics and/or resolution/FPS. 

I see things getting worse, not better, as devs try to push their games even further.  While PS4 games will be running 1080P and 30/60 FPS, I see many of the One's future titles being 720P and 30FPS.  Well, unless they are going to gimp the game graphically to reach 900P/1080P, like Forza did.

Option- said:
I can´t wait for the truth to come out.

This made my lol too hard than it should have.

4 ≈ One

FlamingWeazel said:
Shinobi-san said:
Captain_Tom said:
Half as powerful. I said it when the full specs were release, and I say it now. Everyone just accept this FACT, and move on so we can stop talking about this...

Same here. I was truly amazed at all the argument that ensued about hardware around here..given how DAM OBVIOUS it all was to anyone with a shred of tech knowledge.

Denial is a powerfull emotion, heck even MS seemed to be in denial.

I do actually wonder if the engineers weren't telling Major Nelson the full truth about the power difference when he asked if their was one...

Ive not played the game on 360. So day 1 xbox one. Now to put down forza 5...... im trying.

Around the Network

Cant wait for the truth to come out...

btw it looks gorgeous on ps4, very fluid, good looking, I skipped it on previous gen and glad I did. 

RIP ps3, xbox360.

welcome home ps4 and X1

Landguy said:
FlamingWeazel said:
bucky1965 said:
It's only in the cut scenes. Why would that be a big deal?

How is it beign cutscenes different then anywhere else? it still shows a pretty big power gap that they even had to drop the resoulrion, that's the point. Either way, it's time to end these threads imo, but if MS would shut up trying to spin everything they probably would go away.

It's more surprising that it is in the cutscenes.  It seems like it hasn't been optimized for the XB1 very well.  

Either way, I don't remember the last time I sat through a cut scene if I could avoid it.

If you always skip cut scenes, how the hell do you know what's going on? Lol

Haha, i remember someone claimingthat the FPS was 45 on XB1 and 50 on Ps4 because the internet is biased

Don't care -_-

The next multi plats I care about are

Watch dogs
final fantasy
kingdomhearts
treyarch cod title

^those are on my radar for the moment. I'll split hairs when they start comparing those.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

Too_Talls said:
Don't care -_-

The next multi plats I care about are

Watch dogs
final fantasy
kingdomhearts
treyarch cod title

^those are on my radar for the moment. I'll split hairs when they start comparing those.

I'm sure all of these games will be better on PS4...

BTW rumors are the Watch_Dogs is the next to have lower resolution in one console and 1080p in the other.