By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tomb Raider: PS4 at 1080p@40-60fps vs Xbone 900p-1080@20-30fps

Shinobi-san said:
Captain_Tom said:
Half as powerful. I said it when the full specs were release, and I say it now. Everyone just accept this FACT, and move on so we can stop talking about this...

Same here. I was truly amazed at all the argument that ensued about hardware around here..given how DAM OBVIOUS it all was to anyone with a shred of tech knowledge.

Denial is a powerfull emotion, heck even MS seemed to be in denial.

Around the Network
MaulerX said:
Sorry but this thread title is very misleading. While some cut scenes are indeed 900p, the actual game is 1080p. OP makes it sound like the entire actual game is 900p.

The game resolution is variable... 900p-1080p... the OP title says that... or did you expect something over 1080p? So the title is fine.

FlamingWeazel said:
EpicRandy said:
ok. so some cut-scenes run @900p on Xbox One and and that is enough for you to official declare that the whole game is 900p yet the Ps4 version run at an average of 50fps and you still officially declare it to be 60fps??? (refering to the title)
Double standard alert!!
Sarcasm off....
Wonder why they did not do this on the ps4 as well because it is clear that it cannot maintain 60 fps.

HUH? the issue is not maintaining 60, it's is maintaining playable frame rates below 30 and below, thus they had to drop the res.

Only cut-scenes are affected by this so " maintaining playable frame rates below 30" is not the issue, maintaining a stable framerate is the issue and they achieved it quite well if you ask me the average fps is almost 30fps while on ps4 stability is an issue.

EpicRandy said:
FlamingWeazel said:
EpicRandy said:
ok. so some cut-scenes run @900p on Xbox One and and that is enough for you to official declare that the whole game is 900p yet the Ps4 version run at an average of 50fps and you still officially declare it to be 60fps??? (refering to the title)
Double standard alert!!
Sarcasm off....
Wonder why they did not do this on the ps4 as well because it is clear that it cannot maintain 60 fps.

HUH? the issue is not maintaining 60, it's is maintaining playable frame rates below 30 and below, thus they had to drop the res.

Only cut-scenes are affected by this so " maintaining playable frame rates below 30" is not the issue, maintaining a stable framerate is the issue and they achieved it quite well if you ask me the average fps is almost 30fps while on ps4 stability is an issue.

?? No they ahd to drop the resolution to maintain good frames and never on PS4, pretty simplr. The ps4 does nto have a stability issue, it runs smooth, this analysis says that and anyone who has played it will tell you the same. Frame rates are an issue in cut scenes too.......

The developers never dropped the res for no reason, or for giggles, they obviously had to for performance reasons.

EpicRandy said:
Double standard alert!!
Sarcasm off....

LOL thanks for saving me the time of reading the thread he linked or watching the DF video. The bolded part is the most hilarious to me.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
MaulerX said:
Sorry but this thread title is very misleading. While some cut scenes are indeed 900p, the actual game is 1080p. OP makes it sound like the entire actual game is 900p.

The game resolution is variable... 900p-1080p... the OP title says that... or did you expect something over 1080p? So the title is fine.

The thread tittle is decieving. Admit it. From the DF article: "Curiously, the drop in resolution doesn't seem to occur during gameplay - it's only reserved for select cinematics."

It's only variable on "select" cinematics. Not even all. Again, your thread title is meant to decieve the ill informed into thinking the game is 900p. Which is not.

Absolutely pathetic.

Seriously, what on earth...?

Ethomaz there really isn't any need to add your own spin to the op. The performance difference is already pretty big. Your added comments just makes the discussion go down the wrong path.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

MaulerX said:

The thread tittle is decieving. Admit it. From the DF article: "Curiously, the drop in resolution doesn't seem to occur during gameplay - it's only reserved for select cinematics."

It's only variable on "select" cinematics. Not even all. Again, your thread title is meant to decieve the ill informed into thinking the game is 900p. Which is not.

The title says it is not 900p only.

ethomaz is at it again. I can't call you a troll because that would get me banned. Edit the fucking title.

User was banned for this post.

yo_john117