By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tomb Raider: PS4 at 1080p@40-60fps vs Xbone 900p-1080@20-30fps

Sorry but this thread title is very misleading. While some cut scenes are indeed 900p, the actual game is 1080p. OP makes it sound like the entire actual game is 900p.

Around the Network

ok. so some cut-scenes run @900p on Xbox One and and that is enough for you to official declare that the whole game is 900p yet the Ps4 version run at an average of 50fps and you still officially declare it to be 60fps??? (refering to the title)
Double standard alert!!
Sarcasm off....
Wonder why they did not do this on the ps4 as well because it is clear that it cannot maintain 60 fps.

Captain_Tom said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Captain_Tom said:
Half as powerful. I said it when the full specs were release, and I say it now. Everyone just accept this FACT, and move on so we can stop talking about this...

Agree, it's time to move on this thread is just gonna make some mad lol.

I am getting tired of this being "News" every time a new game comes out.  Then again MS did this to themselves when they said there wouldn't be a big difference.  If they would have said "It's not gonna be competitive specswise, but our gameplay will make up for it"  (Like Nintendo did with the Wii.  NOT THAT IM SAYING THE DIFFERENCE IS THAT BIG) ; then no one would care and everyone would accept the difference.

But MS made a big deal out of it, and now the fact checkers are doing what they do...

So true Tom.

MS's PR will once again backfire....

MS and X1 get a lot of hate nowadays but this last year they have been messing up just as much. They need to stop with the PR crap.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Captain_Tom said:
Half as powerful. I said it when the full specs were release, and I say it now. Everyone just accept this FACT, and move on so we can stop talking about this...

Same here. I was truly amazed at all the argument that ensued about hardware around here..given how DAM OBVIOUS it all was to anyone with a shred of tech knowledge.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

FlamingWeazel said:
bucky1965 said:
It's only in the cut scenes. Why would that be a big deal?

How is it beign cutscenes different then anywhere else? it still shows a pretty big power gap that they even had to drop the resoulrion, that's the point. Either way, it's time to end these threads imo, but if MS would shut up trying to spin everything they probably would go away.

It's more surprising that it is in the cutscenes.  It seems like it hasn't been optimized for the XB1 very well.  

Either way, I don't remember the last time I sat through a cut scene if I could avoid it.

It is near the end of the end....

Around the Network

It's too bad all this attention isn't actually translating to more people playing a really great game. One of the best games of 2013, and so far the best game of 2014.

EpicRandy said:
ok. so some cut-scenes run @900p on Xbox One and and that is enough for you to official declare that the whole game is 900p yet the Ps4 version run at an average of 50fps and you still officially declare it to be 60fps??? (refering to the title)
Double standard alert!!
Sarcasm off....
Wonder why they did not do this on the ps4 as well because it is clear that it cannot maintain 60 fps.

HUH? the issue is not maintaining 60, it's is maintaining playable frame rates below 30 and below, thus they had to drop the res.

Ehh after having watched the DF comparisons, it's not perfect on the PS4 either, averages around 50fps, with some depper dips into low 40s which will definitely be noticeable, which is a shame, cause I expected dips into low 50s at worst...

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Landguy said:
FlamingWeazel said:
bucky1965 said:
It's only in the cut scenes. Why would that be a big deal?

How is it beign cutscenes different then anywhere else? it still shows a pretty big power gap that they even had to drop the resoulrion, that's the point. Either way, it's time to end these threads imo, but if MS would shut up trying to spin everything they probably would go away.

It's more surprising that it is in the cutscenes.  It seems like it hasn't been optimized for the XB1 very well.  

Either way, I don't remember the last time I sat through a cut scene if I could avoid it.

It's not the developers fault x1 is weaker, and many do watch cut scenes, story does matter, especially a game like TR.

I can´t wait for the truth to come out.