By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA treating Titanfall like a smaller product due to PC/Xbox exclusivity

ganoncrotch said:
DamnTastic said:
ganoncrotch said:
very strange that anyone involved in the project would say something like this about it. "keep expectations in check" what is that meant to mean?

It means that they've been watching the web and noticed this game is overhyped 

If you have a product coming out there is no such thing as it being Overhyped from the product makers point of view.

Yup, the more the game is talked about the better.......threads like this prove it's ont just another game. well........alot of the talk has to do with the whole console wars thing too........it's kind of hard nowadays to gage what is what. unpopular titles will get talked about alot as long as it's partially different on the x1 to ps4.

All exclusives gets talked about alot no matter how bad or good they are.

but a multi plat like 2k14 that was the same on both consoles, gets sold a great deal still wasn't talked about much at all.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
petroleo said:
sales2099 said:
lol so? EA can think what they want. Doesn't change that it isn't on PS4.

lol and ? is coming to PC and 360 :D

But not PS4.

The way I see it, any nitpicking over this game is by people who don't like it not being on PS4. It is either very easy to see or said between the lines.

Hear, hear. Or here, here. Whichever is right. But yes. I agree.

Too_Talls said:
DonFerrari said:
And should everybody be happy that 2 months before launch DLCs are already in the work and could possibly be sold 1st day? EA being true to itself.

This.

Totally hate that it's been the norm for companies to discuss add ons before the game even comes out.

The saddest part is to know people will buy it in spades.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

padib said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
padib said:

Sounds Stupid. If you're going to make an exclusive, and if it's good, you market it to death.

Seems to me more like the game's quality is expected to be poor so they're gimping the marketing on it.

I might be wrong here, but that's my gut.

Maybe EA is acting this way to subtly push MS to pay for all the marketing needed to make Titanfall bigger.

With the most evil publisher in the industry, you never know.

Second evilest, the absolute evilest is Activision, but as it's a lot more clever than EA, it gets away with it, while EA always manages to piss users off.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Somini said:
J_Allard said:
Somini said:
J_Allard said:
More like MS surprised the world with their reveal and original plan. Had analysts known about that before hand I doubt many if any would have predicted MS to dominate.

There is no logic in that. If they had waited that long to decide you wouldn't have had the game releasing in march 2014.

What do analysts have to do with the release date of Titanfall?

Because it's clear they have wanted to release the game early on, for that to happen you need to round up your negotiations beforehand. EA may even be funding the whole project with the backing of Micorosft.

It's no secret Microsoft has been in talks with them and have clearly made them an offer. EA like anyone else, must have weighed if the offer was good in which case their analysts asses if the PS4 base is going to be smaller or at least not bigger than the Xbone's. Hence why people say Microsoft was smart to act beforehand. If the PS4 was tanking this would only help the Xbone more and in this situation where the PS4 is selling more, it helps the Xbone differentiate itself with a new exclusive title.

Seems we're just on different wavelengths, I am talking analysts like Pachter and other general market analysts like etho's post suggested, not EA and anyone formulating their plans. I am sure MS let EA in on what they had planned and EA decided some of those aspects would mean more money and thus they went that way. Or it could even be as simple as MS paid EA for the timed exclusive factor and EA themselves saw the PS4 selling more. None of us know that and to suggest anything else is nothing more than guesswork.

Pachter for example predicted the Xbone to "win" the generation in Feb or March of last year. Before launch, he was picking PS4. I am simply saying that was a common theme. Analysts who picked the Xbone to win sure didn't stay on that ship after the reveal. It has more to do with the momentum MS lost than anything PS4 did "shocking" anyone. Even those same analysts who originally picked Xbone to win, said Sony would do great.

Around the Network
padib said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

Second evilest, the absolute evilest is Activision, but as it's a lot more clever than EA, it gets away with it, while EA always manages to piss users off.

Activision is evil, but Blizzard is its saving grace (I love blizzard). Sono i migliori :p

True. Blizzard is good and they managed to stay quite free from Skrotick evil influence, and Activision's slaves devs mostly range from decent to excellent, Activision's evil is all in its management, Skrotick above all.

PS: Italiano? 

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

why would this surprise anyone? It's a game that's not coming to all platforms. It's being made by a dev that only people who are really into gaming know of. I doubt most people know that respawn is the good half of infinityward. And it's a completely new IP.

The thread title doesn't replicate every piece of info in the entire article! OMFG! (...NAZI  ANALOGY...)

padib said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
padib said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

Activision is evil, but Blizzard is its saving grace (I love blizzard). Sono i migliori :p

True. Blizzard is good and they managed to stay quite free from Skrotick evil influence, and Activision's slaves devs mostly range from decent to excellent, Activision's evil is all in its management, Skrotick above all.

PS: Italiano? 

I didn't know that about Acti. Skrotick as in Scrotum + Kotick?

Si, sono happyD. Ti ricordi il filo: "parliamo in italiano"? :P

Yes, Skrotick is right that.    And it just sprang to my mind a second overlapping word play with Scrooge + Kotick.   
About Acti devs, I'm thinking about greedy Skrotick witholding the royalties due to all Infinity Ward team members during the litigation with West and Zampella only, or making them remove dedicated server SW support previously included in CoD, and so on.

Sì, sono andato proprio a guardare quel thread, ma non ti trovavo come "padib", poi è venuta l'ora di cena e quando sono tornato al PC mi avevi già tolto il dubbio.