By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA treating Titanfall like a smaller product due to PC/Xbox exclusivity

Good, good. They're being realistic.

Around the Network

Only fanboys would treat this title as a big time product, EA has more business sense. It will have a good enough metascore and sell close to 2 million max, but that's about it.

The next games however, 2 and maybe 3, if it happens, will have a much better chance of selling more and becoming a big title as the userbase will have exapanded and the PS4 will have been added to the supported platforms.

J_Allard said:
More like MS surprised the world with their reveal and original plan. Had analysts known about that before hand I doubt many if any would have predicted MS to dominate.

There is no logic in that. If they had waited that long to decide you wouldn't have had the game releasing in march 2014.

starcraft said:
theprof00 said:
starcraft said:
J_Allard said:
FlamingWeazel said:
starcraft said:
So when you said 'smaller product' out of context in the title, what you actually meant to say was that an EA exec had made the entirely obvious point that being a new IP on fewer platforms than other new IPs, Titanfall will not face the same expectations as those IPs, and that the game is 'amazing?'

Cheers, thanks for the update!

You sound bitter, I am just posting what EA has said. Nothng more or less. Also, while it is obvious, many here have posted numerous time they expect titanfall to sell COD like nubers and single handidly mate x1 sell better then ps4.

Since you have seen so many people here say it, could we have a link to.. idk, 4 different people saying it? We'll be on pins and needles waiting for your links.

Of course EA views it as a smaller title. Compared to Battlefield, or Madden? They launch on almost twice as many platforms.

I second Mr Allard.  On a site that receives millions of hits a month I would assume 100s or 1000s of people constitutes 'many.' 

However I too am happy to accept your pointing out just four

I went and checked for him but didn't see any COD like numbers quotes. I saw a bunch of people saying 8-9 million, but the majority of posts I read said "gears level sales of 5-6m". Of course, I'm sure that with the average being 5-6m there must be at least 2% of posters here saying cod level, since bell curve would demand that those posts exist. They're probably not people ms fans like to associate with though.

Links?

That 'majority' must be pretty out of sync with reality.  Given only a tiny fraction of this site has even the faintest interest in the X1 outside of bashing the crap out of it, it is hard to imagine that group forming a 'majority' to make educated guess about anything....

lol true, but they hype seems to be ramping up.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=167307&page=

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173938&page=

lots of high expectations in both threads.

Somini said:
J_Allard said:
More like MS surprised the world with their reveal and original plan. Had analysts known about that before hand I doubt many if any would have predicted MS to dominate.

There is no logic in that. If they had waited that long to decide you wouldn't have had the game releasing in march 2014.

What do analysts have to do with the release date of Titanfall?

Around the Network

This is not looking good, no singleplayer, a multiplayer game limited to only 12 players, I can see this game getting repetitive fast and boring fast.

padib said:

Sounds Stupid. If you're going to make an exclusive, and if it's good, you market it to death.

Seems to me more like the game's quality is expected to be poor so they're gimping the marketing on it.

I might be wrong here, but that's my gut.

Maybe EA is acting this way to subtly push MS to pay for all the marketing needed to make Titanfall bigger.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

J_Allard said:
FlamingWeazel said:
starcraft said:
So when you said 'smaller product' out of context in the title, what you actually meant to say was that an EA exec had made the entirely obvious point that being a new IP on fewer platforms than other new IPs, Titanfall will not face the same expectations as those IPs, and that the game is 'amazing?'

Cheers, thanks for the update!

You sound bitter, I am just posting what EA has said. Nothng more or less. Also, while it is obvious, many here have posted numerous time they expect titanfall to sell COD like nubers and single handidly mate x1 sell better then ps4.

Since you have seen so many people here say it, could we have a link to.. idk, 4 different people saying it? We'll be on pins and needles waiting for your links.

Of course EA views it as a smaller title. Compared to Battlefield, or Madden? They launch on almost twice as many platforms.

I think he got that comment mixed up, People have been saying this will be the next Cod not it will sell as good as Cod.

lol so? EA can think what they want. Doesn't change that it isn't on PS4.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Microsoft has spent more money into this game and is due to get more in return.