By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA treating Titanfall like a smaller product due to PC/Xbox exclusivity

sales2099 said:
BigT said:
sales2099 said:

But not PS4.

The way I see it, any nitpicking over this game is by people who don't like it not being on PS4. It is either very easy to see or said between the lines.

And the way you see it trumps everbody else. Let me ask you, is this game a cod killer? If yes than it needs to sell similar correct? If no than why all the hype?

I am so looking foward to your reply.

COD is multiplat, not owned by Sony, and therefore doesn't concern me. There is hype because it looks like the old with the new (future tech and mechs).

Offcoruse all extra hype/arguing is solely because it isn't on PS4.

So your not going to answer my question but basically talk around it? I understand, if you answer than u go on record and u surely dont want to do that. Its ok

Around the Network
ganoncrotch said:
very strange that anyone involved in the project would say something like this about it. "keep expectations in check" what is that meant to mean?

It means that they've been watching the web and noticed this game is overhyped 

BigT said:
sales2099 said:
BigT said:
sales2099 said:

But not PS4.

The way I see it, any nitpicking over this game is by people who don't like it not being on PS4. It is either very easy to see or said between the lines.

And the way you see it trumps everbody else. Let me ask you, is this game a cod killer? If yes than it needs to sell similar correct? If no than why all the hype?

COD is multiplat, not owned by Sony, and therefore doesn't concern me. There is hype because it looks like the old with the new (future tech and mechs).

So your not going to answer my question but basically talk around it? I understand, if you answer than u go on record and u surely dont want to do that. Its ok

I'll answer your question, there's nothing that will kill CoD other than Activision itself.  They've used the same M.O. since MW1, and people keep buying it en-masse.  If you mean, could it perform better than CoD?  Extremely unlikely, CoD MW had the benefit of coming from a two time GoTY winner (CoD 1/UO, CoD 2).  So it already had a rather large following (even if a great deal of the consumers who bought the aforementioned titles told Activision to eat a big one after the CoD 2 to CoD 3 debacle).  It still had massive name recognition in the industry.

Titanfall being a new IP, it's unlikely to get anywhere close to what CoD does normally, doesn't mean it can't start making a name for itself to build brand recognition for the next iteration.

mornelithe said:
BigT said:
sales2099 said:
BigT said:
sales2099 said:

But not PS4.

I'll answer your question, there's nothing that will kill CoD other than Activision itself.  They've used the same M.O. since MW1, and people keep buying it en-masse.  If you mean, could it perform better than CoD?  Extremely unlikely, CoD MW had the benefit of coming from a two time GoTY winner (CoD 1/UO, CoD 2).  So it already had a rather large following (even if a great deal of the consumers who bought the aforementioned titles told Activision to eat a big one after the CoD 2 to CoD 3 debacle).  It still had massive name recognition in the industry.

Titanfall being a new IP, it's unlikely to get anywhere close to what CoD does normally, doesn't mean it can't start making a name for itself to build brand recognition for the next iteration.

I agree 100%. In time and on more consoles it might. Limiting itself to the X1 will only hinder its ability to compete with COD.

BigT said:
mornelithe said:
BigT said:
sales2099 said:
BigT said:
sales2099 said:

But not PS4.

I agree 100%. In time and on more consoles it might. Limiting itself to the X1 will only hinder its ability to compete with COD.

Even if it were available on every platform, I find it unlikely that it would come close to CoD, not the first iteration anyway.  Given time, who knows, maybe there are enough people interested in mech MP shooters to build a CoD-like following, but I still think it's unlikely.  Sorta like World of Warcraft, many tried to steal it's thunder, or even become remotely as successful, but none ever came close.  And the only entity capable of killing WoW, is Blizzard (which they're doing very effectively, I might add).

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
And should everybody be happy that 2 months before launch DLCs are already in the work and could possibly be sold 1st day? EA being true to itself.

This.

Totally hate that it's been the norm for companies to discuss add ons before the game even comes out.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

BigT said:
mornelithe said:

And 360. And PC. lol it will do fine.

Besides PS gamers are genre conisseurs that don't like shooters amiright? ;)

Titanfall 2 will come to PS4. So really its no biggie. Its just short term of the gen that sets the X1 library apart from PS4.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

J_Allard said:
Somini said:
J_Allard said:
More like MS surprised the world with their reveal and original plan. Had analysts known about that before hand I doubt many if any would have predicted MS to dominate.

There is no logic in that. If they had waited that long to decide you wouldn't have had the game releasing in march 2014.

What do analysts have to do with the release date of Titanfall?

Because it's clear they have wanted to release the game early on, for that to happen you need to round up your negotiations beforehand. EA may even be funding the whole project with the backing of Micorosft.

It's no secret Microsoft has been in talks with them and have clearly made them an offer. EA like anyone else, must have weighed if the offer was good in which case their analysts asses if the PS4 base is going to be smaller or at least not bigger than the Xbone's. Hence why people say Microsoft was smart to act beforehand. If the PS4 was tanking this would only help the Xbone more and in this situation where the PS4 is selling more, it helps the Xbone differentiate itself with a new exclusive title.

DamnTastic said:
ganoncrotch said:
very strange that anyone involved in the project would say something like this about it. "keep expectations in check" what is that meant to mean?

If you have a product coming out there is no such thing as it being Overhyped from the product makers point of view.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ganoncrotch said:
DamnTastic said:
ganoncrotch said:

If you have a product coming out there is no such thing as it being Overhyped from the product makers point of view.

Calling it the next shooter of the generation then? 
that's overhyped imo