By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA treating Titanfall like a smaller product due to PC/Xbox exclusivity

60 dollars MP only game? no buy from me for sure, 30 dollars MP only game ? I would start thinking buying it for sure.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
lol so? EA can think what they want. Doesn't change that it isn't on PS4.

lol and ? is coming to PC and 360 :D

petroleo said:
sales2099 said:

But not PS4.

The way I see it, any nitpicking over this game is by people who don't like it not being on PS4. It is either very easy to see or said between the lines.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

J_Allard said:
FlamingWeazel said:
starcraft said:
So when you said 'smaller product' out of context in the title, what you actually meant to say was that an EA exec had made the entirely obvious point that being a new IP on fewer platforms than other new IPs, Titanfall will not face the same expectations as those IPs, and that the game is 'amazing?'

Cheers, thanks for the update!

You sound bitter, I am just posting what EA has said. Nothng more or less. Also, while it is obvious, many here have posted numerous time they expect titanfall to sell COD like nubers and single handidly mate x1 sell better then ps4.

Since you have seen so many people here say it, could we have a link to.. idk, 4 different people saying it? We'll be on pins and needles waiting for your links.

Of course EA views it as a smaller title. Compared to Battlefield, or Madden? They launch on almost twice as many platforms.

For the record, you are awesome!

J_Allard said:
More like MS surprised the world with their reveal and original plan. Had analysts known about that before hand I doubt many if any would have predicted MS to dominate.

MS wasn't able to control the message because of the LEAKS.  If not for them, I'd imagine this would've went very differently.  Don't get me started on the ridiculous amount of power that we've given to leakers ...

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
petroleo said:
sales2099 said:

But not PS4.

The way I see it, any nitpicking over this game is by people who don't like it not being on PS4. It is either very easy to see or said between the lines.

And the way you see it trumps everbody else. Let me ask you, is this game a cod killer? If yes than it needs to sell similar correct? If no than why all the hype?

I am so looking foward to your reply.

BigT said:
sales2099 said:

But not PS4.

And the way you see it trumps everbody else. Let me ask you, is this game a cod killer? If yes than it needs to sell similar correct? If no than why all the hype?

I am so looking foward to your reply.

COD is multiplat, not owned by Sony, and therefore doesn't concern me. There is hype because it looks like the old with the new (future tech and mechs).

Offcoruse all extra hype/arguing is solely because it isn't on PS4.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

ganoncrotch said:
very strange that anyone involved in the project would say something like this about it. "keep expectations in check" what is that meant to mean?

The only thing I can think of is, they're not encouraged by the pre-orders, and want to get out ahead of it in case they're lower than what the 'industry' considers a successful launch.  Hard telling though, 360, One and PC is hardly a tiny user base, so it's rather odd to be making this statement in my opinion.

mornelithe said:
ganoncrotch said:
very strange that anyone involved in the project would say something like this about it. "keep expectations in check" what is that meant to mean?

The only thing I can think of is, they're not encouraged by the pre-orders, and want to get out ahead of it in case they're lower than what the 'industry' considers a successful launch.  Hard telling though, 360, One and PC is hardly a tiny user base, so it's rather odd to be making this statement in my opinion.

Naw it has been said a few times here now, they're right to say it just to keep expectations in line with the first game of a possible series, like just them saying that Titanfall doesn't have an install base ready to buy it as a sequel/mappack so ofc it's not going to sell as well as games with a long standing fanbase.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ganoncrotch said:
mornelithe said:
ganoncrotch said:

Naw it has been said a few times here now, they're right to say it just to keep expectations in line with the first game of a possible series, like just them saying that Titanfall doesn't have an install base ready to buy it as a sequel/mappack so ofc it's not going to sell as well as games with a long standing fanbase.

While that makes sense, it doesn't really keep the hype train rolling, which Titanfall has had a decent go of it thus far.  Granted, the Titanfall hype had hit a lull of late, but that's no reason to pop the balloon either.  If EA doesn't consider it a big project, why should anyone else care?