By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: WiiU won't hit 6m by E3.

I agree with the title, Wii U won't reach 6M SOLD before E3 !

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
Considering that their report has it at 5.8m from December 31 and VGC has sales at 5.6m I think you didn't think this prediction through fully as they may be past 6m sold by the end of February with DK out.

Did you even read the OP? I'm not repeating it again. They expect 6.25m shipped by end of march.

If sales stabilize on this level, 49000, it would mean close to 200000 per month, haven't they already sold 5.5 million according to vg chartz? and they should get a boost for a few weeks after Donkey Kong.

According to VGC the Wii U is on 5.6m.

To get to 6 million by the end of May it needs to sell 400k in 20 weeks? It only needs to sell 20k a week to hit that goal.
It sold 47k in the week of the 18th, in the slow month of january.

You sir, are headed to a lost bet.

Nintendo expects Q1 sales to be extremely low so that tells us two things. Donkey Kong isn't doing anything aside from a minor one week boost, and Mario Kart isn't releasing until Q2 at the earliest. If they can get Mario Kart out by May then they should be able to get the WiiU over 6m by E3.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

Idiots

Wii U is obviously going to be able to sell 400k in about 4 months.

kitler53 said:

shipped "sold to retail" or sold?

Good call, as you never know these days what people mean anymore :P

Anyways, i'm not expecting Mario Kart to put the WiiU on fire either, but 6 million should be doable. The situation would be VERY bad if they couldn't even sell 300K in 5 months!!! I expect sales to be near 6,5 million or so, 7 million max.

Seece said:
Wyrdness said:
Considering that their report has it at 5.8m from December 31 and VGC has sales at 5.6m I think you didn't think this prediction through fully as they may be past 6m sold by the end of February with DK out.

Did you even read the OP? I'm not repeating it again. They expect 6.25m shipped by end of march.

Yeah and? Your bet is that they won't sell 6m by E3 and VGC has it at 5.6m that's 400k away from 6m, they can reach 6m by the end of February  if DK gives them even a slight spike and expecting 6.25m doesn't mean that the will only be 6.25m units around at the end of March as things are adjusted as they go a long, either way it looks like this is an easy bet for people to take.

400k consoles in 16 weeks is a rate of 25k a week. It will make this target even without Mario Kart.