By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: WiiU won't hit 6m by E3.

kitler53 said:
Seece said:
kitler53 said:

shipped "sold to retail" or sold?

Sold!

well thanks for clearing that up!   how i could ever get confused on this most obvious of topics is beyond me.  i is such much n00b.

Hey, I'm clear on what shipped and sold mean :P

Around the Network
Seece said:
kitler53 said:
Seece said:
kitler53 said:

shipped "sold to retail" or sold?

Sold!

well thanks for clearing that up!   how i could ever get confused on this most obvious of topics is beyond me.  i is such much n00b.

Hey, I'm clear on what shipped and sold mean :P

was i even talking to you?  :P

getting not off topic:

...i think you could wrong about MK8. nintendo has a record about not announcing game until just before release so i think no current announcement doesn't mean it can't launch by june. that said, an awefully high percentage of games on wiiU have been delayed so a "spring release" doesn't mean it can't get pushed to summer either. >.

Considering we're a month into Q4 and Wii U's numbers are around 250k this month, it's likely that it's already surpassed the 6m mark, considering Nintendo's data says 5.86m as of December 31st 2013.

TravenousMaximus said:
Considering we're a month into Q4 and Wii U's numbers are around 250k this month, it's likely that it's already surpassed the 6m mark.

Er ... no. They expect 6.25m shipped by the end of this quarter.

That's 9 weeks away. Even then, they have 500k~ on shelves. Sell through will be 5.75m end of March.

Around the Network

This prediction is a fail.

6m by E3 should be easily doable for Wii U, even without MK8, although I'm pretty sure Nintendo will do all they can to get that game out asap. They've gone 2 holiday seasons without it already (which is ludicrous imo, but alas) and they are very well aware of the situation Wii U's in.

Also, last year's demos of the game made it seem like it was very far along in development already, it didn't look/play anywhere near a work-still-very-much-in-progress, so I imagine it's pretty much in a near-complete state right now, and they're doing the final debugging/polishing/whatnot. Imo an april release seems very likely.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

MK will release before June as will DKCTF and likely a few other games.

Wii U will perform better this year than last and will be greater than 6m at E3... likely not by much, but greater than.

I think you're forgetting that Donkey Kong and Mario Kart are coming out in that time frame.

I'm convinced they'll be safely past the 6 million mark when E3 rolls around.

Considering that their report has it at 5.8m from December 31 and VGC has sales at 5.6m I think you didn't think this prediction through fully as they may be past 6m sold by the end of February with DK out.