By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One Owners will have to pay $239.87 a year to play The Elder Scrolls Online

PenguinZ said:

Majority of people who have an Xbox product including myself have Live...

And if you don't have PS+... What's wrong with you? I got a year free with my PS3 purchase last year, but I'd be stupid not to continue it.... the thing shits out free games that far exceeds than cover the cost of the service.

Yes, agreed. Fans of both consoles who don't have these services aren't big enough gamers to want to play a pay MMO.

Massively Monetized Operation.

Around the Network

FlamingWeazel said:
Fusioncode said:
I wouldn't play this even if it was free. The response to the beta has been absolutely awful.

Not what I am hearing now..............

http://67.227.255.239/forum/showthread.php?t=749288

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=743992

Impressions from NeoGaf have been terrible. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

If I end up playing any MMO on ps4 it's going to be either FFXIV or Ever Quest: Next not ESO. Though I do feel sorry for Xbox owners.

shikamaru317 said:
Fusioncode said:
I wouldn't play this even if it was free. The response to the beta has been absolutely awful.

I've heard mostly positive things from those I know who've made it into more recent beta tests, it seems they've worked out alot of the issues from early beta, it now plays like Skyrim instead of a WoW clone supposedly.

If the more recent beta tests have had a positive response then that's news to me. I've heard many awful things. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

As a PlayStation fan, guess how much i will be paying? ZEROOOOOOOO because i'm not paying to play a game over and over each month

I aint paying no damn 15$ a month for ANY game!

I'll just wait for the regular Elder Scrolls to come out and i can pay for it ONCE and play whenever i feel like it without the worry of shelling out money every month.

This is why i dont really like MMOs

Aint nobody got time for that "pay monthly" shit

Lol

Would rather have a free to play with cash shop. This is a pass.

Also, why is Bethesda charging monthly for Xbone and at the same price even? Don't devs get free cloud from M$?

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
FlamingWeazel said:
Fusioncode said:

Not what I am hearing now..............

I recognise that the majority of responses to this thread have not gone the way yourself and the OP would have hoped.

But do you honestly believe that people who own Xbox One's at this point and who intend to use it to play ESO (or any MMO really) are - generally speaking - the kind of people who won't have Xbox Live?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I don't think many people would pay a monthly subscription for a game anyway.

FlamingWeazel said:
PenguinZ said:
Majority of people who have an Xbox product including myself have Live...

And if you don't have PS+... What's wrong with you?

That's false, less then half have live gold........................

Yeah, I kind of jumped the gun there... 

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC