By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The first big test for the PS3 in Japan this year is next week (imo)...

yep it will outsell the 360 version

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

70K with a small bump of hardware, maybe into the 30K range

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

iclim4 said:
I hope theyll release the game in NA, Ive been dying for a good RPG.

Eternal Sonata is... OK.  It starts out seeming really, really great with amazing graphics and presentation and a cool battle system. But the dialog and plot become really terrible, it's more linear than any game I've ever played in my life (not just JRPG linear but straight up painfully so) and the battle system becomes very repetitive as the game wears on, even as they try to spice it up by changing things.

And the ending is pure horseshit.

I'm playing Lost Odyssey right now. It's the first good (so far) RPG I've played this generation. Not great but pretty good.

Im pretty sure Eternal Sonata doesnt come out next week.

Lost Planet does though, and I think its gonna sell a bit better than the 360 version.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

I don't have high sales expectations tbh - I think it might beet the 360 version after 8-10weeks of sales, but it won't be as huge as the game deserves

as libellule pointed out yakuza 3 will have much more of an impact

Around the Network

Lost Planet and Eternal Sonata wont do too much in Japan .They have been out for 360 for a long time ,second Lost Planet isnt from a popular genre there ,third Eternal Sonata had good reviews but the posterior feedback about it was that it wasnt very good ....

Lost Planet will do about the same as the 360 version .25K opening and some 50K LTD .Maybe it can do something more being a Capcom game but doubt it .

Eternal Snata I dont know .PS3 owners there must be really hungry for a real RPG as aside from things as Record of Agarest War no game has been released in that genre .I dont know if the bad word of mouth about the game will outweight the thirst for RPG of the PS3 owners .We will see .But its release data is march not february .

good game ..
50K for the first week
180k-200k ( japan only )

Well, I figured since JRPG is kinda important in Japan ... it would be nice for its first release in that genre.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I LOVE GIGGS said:
good game ..
50K for the first week
180k-200k ( japan only )

If thats your expectations, then youre probably gonna be setting yourself (or others) up for disappointment.

If anything, its gonna reach somewhat below those 180K by the end of its life time.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.