By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The first big test for the PS3 in Japan this year is next week (imo)...

@ bigjon

*insert buzzer noise* you said since when do PS3 titles have legs.

@ zen

I think it could better than Disgaea 3. Both will be close to 100k.

And guys, the reason I think it'll be a test is b/c it is the first real JRPG released on PS3. Its sales will be watched by Level 5 and SE me thinks. Also, more Bandai Namco support would be great.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

This is the most pathetic "true test" I've heard of. Sorry. The game was already released on another system, no matter how well or poor it did there, so it'll never be much of a test of anything. Besides, it's not a very well-known game, either. I think if they sold more than 250k copies between both versions in Japan their heads would explode with happiness.

Reall, we already had a much better test recently with DMC4. It was a decently large game from an established franchise and while its legs haven't been holding up it did score the best (or at least close to it) debut on the PS3 so far while being multiplat day one. And it's doing pretty damn well compared to its predecessor for just the PS3 version.

DMC4 was a test. And the PS3 passed, if just barely.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

It won't beat Super Smash Brothers Brawl... And I think it won't sell that great. Eternal Sonata did almost nothing to move more 360's... Japan is Wii territory until something drastic happens.

I think it will do better than 360 but 150k seems a bit high.

I hope theyll release the game in NA, Ive been dying for a good RPG.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network

Why does PS3 need a test with this game? Is this game not going to work properly on a PS3 or something? I'm suspecting PS3 version of RRoD for this game maybe...?

ssj12 said:
crho said:

http://www.jp.playstation.com/software/ps3/

02/21 Stuntman Ignition (THQ)
02/21 Burnout Paradise (EA)
02/21 Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (Capcom)

03/06 Guitar Hero III (Activision)
03/06 Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan! (Sega)
03/06 "New Satin Silver Color" Playstation 3

03/13 Winning Post 7 Maximum 2008 (Koei)
03/13 Skate (EA)

03/19 Armored Core: for Answer (From Software)
03/19 Army of Two (EA)
03/19 "PLAYSTATION 3 the Best" Series Titles

03/27 Battlefield: Bad Company (EA)
03/27 The Golden Compass (Sega)
03/27 Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Activision)

04/01 Pro Yakyuu Spirits 5 (Konami)

04/24 Senjou no Valkyria (Sega)

http://namco-ch.net/list_game/list.php?hid=28

2008 Eternal Sonata (Bandai Namco)

the things bolded will boost sales.

Surely bolding WP7 and not Yakuza is a mistake? PS3 Winning Post 7 2007 debuted at #37 last year and went on to sell 20K LTD according to Media Create. I don't see this year being any different. Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan! (Yakuza) on the other hand should see six figure sales first week.

Anyway, sure it was a typo, just pointing out for those he don't realise.

As for Eternal Sonata, it really should be on the JP Playstation site if it was getting released so soon, so I don't think a date of next week is correct. As for how well it will sell? My guess is not great, as it's been out for ages on 360 already. Lost planet gets released this week, so we'll see how that does compared to the 360 version which sold around 60K LTD. For comparison Eternal Sonata sold around 70K LTD. I expect both to outsell the 360 versions, but not by a great deal as happens when multi-platform games are simultaneously released in Japan. My guess is most 360 owners also own a PS3.

Both ES and LP are probably not going to do much better on the PS3 than they did on the 360. LP besides being out on the 360 for a long time has also been out on the PC for awhile now, right? ES may have a relatively strong opening (it's a pretty good game), but will have no legs, like most PS3 games in JP.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

outlawauron,

the only game that will move some system is YAKUZA3

"
03/06 Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan! (Sega) ==> Yakuza3
03/06 "New Satin Silver Color" Playstation 3
"

it will be released the same day than the Silver sku AND there will be a bundle

U can see the sales figure of the game 1/2 in VGChartz :

Yakuza1 : 0.74M in Japan only (130k first week)
Yakuza2 : 0.67M in Japan only (250k first week)

Time to Work !