By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Did MS just win the North American console market?

kitler53 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Figgycal said:

Consider the fact that 99% of the people buying consoles have no idea that multiplatform Gears was even possible. Most people assumed it would always be an Xbox exlcusive... nothing has changed.

Halo and Titanfall might tip the scale though.

Dude...The Xbox has gone back to competitive heaven status. They've got Killer Instinct, Gears, the first game of Titanfall exclusive and they've got Halo coming ontop of another shooter from Black Tusk. Thats pretty much it. MS is MLG certified in America for this gen. It is definitely going to be the most competitive gaming console. Add the fact that they've got exclusive content in Madden and you've got yourself a winner in America.

killer instint came and went will as little fanfare as killzone.

for every titanfall there is an infamous

for every halo there is an uncharted

for every gears there is a god of war

for every fable there is an order 1886

for every forza there is a drive club

for every project spark there is a little big planet

for every quantum break there is a *quantic dreams 3rd game*

for every below there is a 100 indie titles coming to ps first

MS ain't got shit to dominate sony.   face it,. MS had to open all these studios this gen and grab all these 3rd party exclusives just to try and create parity with sony's epic amount of diverse content.   both are getting good content so other factors, like price, are going to be the tie breaker for most people.

I am talking about competitive games. Americans are EXTREMELY competitive people. Xbox Live is synonymous with bragging rights. Not saying Sony doesn't have exclusives but they aren't with MS yet when it comes to competitive games.

Around the Network

No.

Price and 3rd party games is what wins in the long run.

I will miss the gears franchise but after Gears: Judgement, I won't miss it too much.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Only if they can reduce the X1's price to $399 or sell a kinect-less bundle for $349 can they win N.A.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Gears of war is not as big of a game as it used to be, in fact Gears of war judgement basically bombed. Microsoft is not winning NA just because they have Gears.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

FatedReality said:
Gears of war is not as big of a game as it used to be, in fact Gears of war judgement basically bombed. Microsoft is not winning NA just because they have Gears.

God of War Ascension didn't too great either, but that doesn't mean the God of War franchise is done. The main games of Gears of War can still sell well. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Yes Gears of war is no longer a console seller as the first three but Halo and Titanfall can do really good this year, even if its true that 3rd party like Destiny, Watch Dogs or the new CoD will probably sell better on PS4.
At the end of this year sales will be very close in NA but i think XB1 will take advantage after the price drop.

No

Did the last Gears even sell??? Serious question

Even Gears fans knew the franchise ended with Gears 3

Personally knew die hard Gears fans who still play Gears 3 that didn't play last Gears game

Since Gears was always an Xbox exclusive, it doesn't impact Playstation at all

And Epic let it go for a reason lol

MoHasanie said:
FatedReality said:

God of War Ascension didn't too great either, but that doesn't mean the God of War franchise is done. The main games of Gears of War can still sell well. 

I actually think both are dieing franchises that are past there prime. Both Ms and Sony are running those franchises in the ground. If there is a Gears of war 4 or God of war 4 i dont think either one will sell that much better then Judgment or Acension.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

I just remember playing the first gears of wear.

I think we all expected there to be Gears games on XBO...this doesn't really change anything except the developer